Corsair ICUE H170i LCD vs Noctua NH-D15S

testgcd

which is better?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. which is better?

• Noctua NH-D15S
    • Corsair ICUE H170i ELITE LCD

I was thinking of getting either the Corsair ICUE H170i ELITE LCD vs Noctua NH-D15S  but didn't find thermals comparing them directly, 

I have 13700k cpu, and want it for gaming as well as video editing rendering

Anyone know of any thermal charts comparing them, or do u recommend one over the other and why? Should I instead get the iCUE H170i ELITE CAPELLIX version with no screen?

Any other recommendation is welcome

Please note that the Corsair I'm looking for is the version with the screen, and it is different from the non-LCD screen version (iCUE H170i ELITE CAPELLIX) which has copper and different fans, whereas the LCD screen version has aluminum and don't know if fans are better or worse, any info on this is welcome.

13th gen Intels are furnaces just like ryzen 7000 and X3D. Go with the AIO, 360mm is perfect.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

22 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

13th gen Intels are furnaces just like ryzen 7000 and X3D. Go with the AIO, 360mm is perfect.

Saw some popular youtube videos saying fan can be of similar or better performance than liquid cooling aios without the additional points of failure, in this case the noctua unit is also more silent, but is this specific corsair allinone better than this noctua? I've seen some thermal comparisons puting the noctua d15s better than many aio, and its also half the price.

Air cooling is a bit more finicky than AIO. With the AIO you just stick the radiator on top of the case, let the fans suck in fresh cold air that's it. With pure air you need not only good cooler, but good case with good airflow as well. Cases with glass front panels are a complete no-no. If you want this case to be quite, you need Noctua fans and these are not cheap. With the AIO you could go literally the cheapest fans on the market for the case, just so they can move the air around. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

22 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Air cooling is a bit more finicky than AIO. With the AIO you just stick the radiator on top of the case, let the fans suck in fresh cold air that's it. With pure air you need not only good cooler, but good case with good airflow as well. Cases with glass front panels are a complete no-no. If you want this case to be quite, you need Noctua fans and these are not cheap. With the AIO you could go literally the cheapest fans on the market for the case, just so they can move the air around. 

makes sense, I have the corsair 7000D airflow case, it has three 140mm fans pre installed, and only a glass side panel.