Swapping out for new mother board and processor

Dankrio

Hello I’m upgrading from an intel based pc to a ryzen 5900x with a msi b550 gaming plus. I had some questions regarding what I have to do with windows Ives swapped stuff in and out of my pc I’ve even switched cases but I’ve never plugged in a whole new cpu and motherboard so do I have to plug in a usb with windows when I swap in the new stuff and that’s it? Or are there any other things im missing just making sure before I unplug everything wanna be prepared for anything thank you. Also for a fan i got the nh u12s redux would this would be enough for long term use? 

I've done it without reinstalling windows, but sooner or later I did a complete reinstall.
It is always best to go with fresh installation with hardware updates on those occasions. It seems there are a quite a few difference that makes windows unstable.

Do yourself a favour and do a fresh install of Windows. While it can tolerate things like this, it can sometimes have unexpected results and bugs.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

5 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

Do yourself a favour and do a fresh install of Windows. While it can tolerate things like this, it can sometimes have unexpected results and bugs.

I thought I could get away without doing a fresh install, and it worked mostly fine until I found out just how badly corrupted it had become and had to do a fresh install anyway.

Works fine now, but I really could have saved upwards of 8 hours if I had just done a clean install from the beginning.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

What windows? 10 or 11, you can just set the same bios environment and plug it back.

Most times windows will adjust the hardware change automatically. Intel > AMD, vice versa, i did it no problem.

But if you're paranoid, before the swap, go to save mode, uninstall all drivers (especially any intel) and resume the swapping procedure.

make sure not to boot windows after savemode or it will reinstall all missing drivers. 

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w