too hot pc

NextraMia
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

That's just kinda normal for Ryzen 5000, its boost algorithm has it run at 85-90C at all times. During the summer it just won't clock quite as high and will stay at that same ~85C mark that it is right now. You can mess around with the curve optimizer and stuff like that, that can sometimes help temps a bit, but not really all that much and it's very hard to stability test the curve optimizer so its up to you whether you want to attempt using it or not.  

Hello!
I have everything hardware wise correct but now when I'm running stock with my cpu it get's all the way up to 83 degrees constant with an 360 aio. Would need help since this pc won't be able to play during summer at this rate!

I've now got it down to 68 degrees but the only reason is because it's -10 outside so I have the window that is closes to it fully open. (This is the reason my pc will be too hot during next summer)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||| GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING OC ||| Motherboard: Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ||RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR-4400 CL16 ||| PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ ||| Case: Lian Li - O11 Dynamic Evo ||| Storage: 2x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME SSD ||| Cooling: (CPU: EKWB RGB 360 AIO) (Case-Fans: Lian Li SL-120 Infinity)

83 degrees in game, not at idle

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||| GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING OC ||| Motherboard: Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ||RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR-4400 CL16 ||| PSU: Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ ||| Case: Lian Li - O11 Dynamic Evo ||| Storage: 2x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME SSD ||| Cooling: (CPU: EKWB RGB 360 AIO) (Case-Fans: Lian Li SL-120 Infinity)

That's just kinda normal for Ryzen 5000, its boost algorithm has it run at 85-90C at all times. During the summer it just won't clock quite as high and will stay at that same ~85C mark that it is right now. You can mess around with the curve optimizer and stuff like that, that can sometimes help temps a bit, but not really all that much and it's very hard to stability test the curve optimizer so its up to you whether you want to attempt using it or not.  

well, i guess i'll just have to do something about it during the summer because even right now it gets hot very fast. sitting at a calm 71C idle at all times hehe

3 minutes ago, NextraMia said:

well, i guess i'll just have to do something about it during the summer because even right now it gets hot very fast. sitting at a calm 71C idle at all times hehe

OK, that's not supposed to happen. idle it should be closer to 40-50C, not 70C. I'd suspect something is up with your AIO if it's that bad at idle. 

On 12/9/2022 at 11:40 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

OK, that's not supposed to happen. idle it should be closer to 40-50C, not 70C. I'd suspect something is up with your AIO if it's that bad at idle. 

big thing is that it's constantly at high clocks / high voltage. I also have a lot of background aps, so that could be why

the highest it gets during gaming or other high work loads after the "idle" temperatures is around +8 degrees (76C - 79C), so I'm just guessing it's doing high loads at all time 🙂