Seasonic Focus 850w, need another 8pin CPU cable, what is the least jank way to do this?

toasty99

The situation is that I have a 7980xe and a Rtx 2080ti running off a 800w non modular Apervia power supply and it's just not cutting it. System shuts down under load occasionally, the power supply is a lower tier one and I'm running too close to the limit I think. 

I've got various modular or semi-modular 750w power supplies. An Antec EAG Pro 750w (this is the semi modular), EVGA 750gr, Gigabyte 750gm. I also have a Dell 1000w out of an Alienware R10 the cables are too short to use in a standard case. I also have a topower 800G that is brand new in box (crossfire and SLI badges to warn you how old it is) and would probably start a fire if used that I could steal cables from too. 

I also have the really fun blow stuff up cables. A dual-molex to 6 pin adapter. A 6 pin to 8 pin CPU power. A 6 pin to dual 6+2. Dual 6 pins to an 8 pin.

Now, the best PSU I have is the Seasonic Focus 850w. Problem is, it only has the 24 motherboard cable, one 8pin CPU connector, 2x 6+2 cables (a daisy chain), 2 molex, and 2 sata. I don't have the other cables for it. I need to have 2x 8pin CPU power, 4 sata powers, and preferably I would like more pci-e outs in case I ever get a GPU that needs more. So, I need to either find modular cables from one of the other PSUs that will work and/or or try to do the adapter mess in a way that will work without blowing stuff up or starting a fire.

Anyone got advice and the pinouts for these psus to see what'll work? It's really hard to find this data for other than Seasonic lol. 

Can't you just get another Seasonic 8pin cable ??

Tinkering with PSU connectors is fine until it blows up your rig 🥵

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

34 minutes ago, toasty99 said:

Antec EAG Pro 750w

Seasonic Focus inside and the cables have the same pinout. Does this PSU have a fixed or modular 2nd CPU cable?

7 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Seasonic Focus inside and the cables have the same pinout. Does this PSU have a fixed or modular 2nd CPU cable?

No, it is a fixed CPU cable. However, it does give me a ton of molex and sata connectors.