Dell laptop windows 11 won't boot with new ram install

I recently purchased a new dell inpiron 16 7620 laptop 2-oin-1, while using it for my programming class I ran out of ram. I purchased sodimm ddr 3200mhz 2 16 gig sticks. When i install in dell laptop it black screens, I've tried new ram in a asus laptop and it works fine. I also tried the known good ram from asus laptop in dell laptop but only original ram sticks work. Is there some sort of lock that dell has on their laptops to prevent upgrades?

Welcome to the forum!
Inspiron laptops are pretty 'low end' all considered - they're not designed to support the highest speed components. It's likely that it just doesn't support high speed memory of 3200mhz, try something lower. 2400 maybe?

Take note of the voltage of your ram. Higher performance laptop ram is often at 1.35V, but not all laptops support ram above 1.2V. If you can access your bios, try to look at the settings there. Otherwise, check the memory supported by your laptop and look for 1.2V ram.

It would seem like laptop ram is interchangeable, but it's very much not, especially for higher performance ram.

25 minutes ago, JT89 said:

Take note of the voltage of your ram. Higher performance laptop ram is often at 1.35V, but not all laptops support ram above 1.2V. If you can access your bios, try to look at the settings there. Otherwise, check the memory supported by your laptop and look for 1.2V ram.

It would seem like laptop ram is interchangeable, but it's very much not, especially for higher performance ram.

The original was rated at 3200 and the ram from asus was the 2666

32 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

Welcome to the forum!
Inspiron laptops are pretty 'low end' all considered - they're not designed to support the highest speed components. It's likely that it just doesn't support high speed memory of 3200mhz, try something lower. 2400 maybe?

The ram that came with it is 3200 2 4gb sticks

14 minutes ago, moose119 said:

The original was rated at 3200 and the ram from asus was the 2666

What's the voltage? Again, speed is not everything, timing and other features may not be supported.

Is there any LED patterns blink on your laptop with the new RAM installed, such as 2 white blinks and 3 amber blinks?

If there are no blinks on the LED indicator, just let it run longer. The system could be in memory training mode. It will restart 2 times if not mistaken. When in memory training mode, the screen will be black. The process might take about 2 to 5 minutes to complete, depending on the capacity.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

54 minutes ago, JT89 said:

What's the voltage? Again, speed is not everything, timing and other features may not be supported.

New ram is 1.2v

Thank you all for your help I finally bought a different ram stick set and it worked, but this time I remove the coin battery as well as the main battery.