New GPU..unknown device in Device Manager

Radium_Angel
Go to solution Solved by PineyCreek,

This seems relevant:

If I'm reading this right, somehow it's providing a way for the GPU to use the USB-C on the computer for VR applications? I guess unless you want that you could just disable it.  Or perhaps see if your motherboard or any peripheral cards with USB have the latest drivers, chipset drivers, but that's a shot in the dark.

Edit: something to do with VirtualLink? Supposedly not on 16XX cards though. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VirtualLink

I rarely have hardware stump me, but this is a new on one me.

GTX 1660 Super.

Windows 8.1 Industry Pro

Drivers install fine (drivers exist for the card) but I get an extra "PCI device" under Other Devices.

nVidia drivers don't address the issue.

Hardware ID under the "Details" tab are as follows:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1AED&SUBSYS_C75A1462&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1AED&SUBSYS_C75A1462
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1AED&CC_0C8000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1AED&CC_0C80

Anyone got any ideas?

This wasn't there before I installed the GPU, so I"m virtually certain it's part of the card. Performance doesn't seem to be affected, but I'd like to know all the same what this is

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Do you see your monitor under the Audio inputs and outputs in the device manager with NVIDIA High Definition Audio in parenthesis (i.e. audio device for display output)? Or NVIDIA high definition audio or virtual audio drivers under "Sound, video and game controllers"?

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

Do you see your monitor under the Audio inputs and outputs in the device manager with NVIDIA High Definition Audio in parenthesis (i.e. audio device for display output)?

Indeed I do.

Dell U2415 (x2) (nVidia High Def Audio)

HDMI (ditto)

Mic/speakers (cloud II wireless)

Speakers (2- High Def Audio Device)

Amusingly, my monitors don't have speakers in them and I use DP connectors

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Got me.  Seems like some of those reports seem to be on Win8.1 as well.  Might have something to do with it, might not.  What motherboard is the card in?

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

Got me.  Seems like some of those reports seem to be on Win8.1 as well.  Might have something to do with it, might not.  What motherboard is the card in?

Dell Precision T7610 (it's my workstation, dual E5-2643 v2 Xeon CPUs))

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Dell Precision T7610 (it's my workstation, dual E5-2643 v2 Xeon CPUs))

Oh, wait, this is a 1660 super with USB-C on-board? One of those they made for VR or something?

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

So...why wouldn't the nVidia drivers install said driver? It's very weird

Why bother? Your card doesn't have a Type-C connector.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

This seems relevant:

If I'm reading this right, somehow it's providing a way for the GPU to use the USB-C on the computer for VR applications? I guess unless you want that you could just disable it.  Or perhaps see if your motherboard or any peripheral cards with USB have the latest drivers, chipset drivers, but that's a shot in the dark.

Edit: something to do with VirtualLink? Supposedly not on 16XX cards though. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VirtualLink

3 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Oh, wait, this is a 1660 super with USB-C on-board? One of those they made for VR or something?

Possibly! I didn't examine the back of the card that closely, as I wasn't expecting anything other than DP/HDMI ports there.

3 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Why bother? Your card doesn't have a Type-C connector.

Its the principle of the thing...

6 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Yeah, no USB-C connections on the mobo, nor on the GPU (just checked) so kinda silly, but I see why it exists. I'll poke around online and see if drivers exist, now that I know what to look for.

Thanks!