AMD RX 7700S and 7800S mobile chip performance

joev14

Been waiting for the 2023 version of the Asus Zephyrus G14. I'm expecting it to come with a 7700S/7800S. Do you think these cards will be serviceable in ray-tracing? The 6800S is on sale right now and seems to hit around 30 fps with RT turned on in most games. Seems like RDNA3 is more competitive in Ray tracing abilities. Best guesses appreciated. 

12 minutes ago, joev14 said:

Been waiting for the 2023 version of the Asus Zephyrus G14. I'm expecting it to come with a 7700S/7800S. Do you think these cards will be serviceable in ray-tracing? The 6800S is on sale right now and seems to hit around 30 fps with RT turned on in most games. Seems like RDNA3 is more competitive in Ray tracing abilities. Best guesses appreciated. 

RT is shit on AMD, Do not buy them if you want to play with RT on, stick with NVidia as its an Nvidia Gimmick. Also laptops arent gonna be a great option for RT either so

7 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

RT is shit on AMD, Do not buy them if you want to play with RT on, stick with NVidia as its an Nvidia Gimmick. Also laptops arent gonna be a great option for RT either so

I want a 14 inch Zephyrus though. Not interested in a desktop. 

1 minute ago, joev14 said:

I want a 14 inch Zephyrus though. Not interested in a desktop. 

Then you wont be getting much RT performance. RT requires very strong GPU performance for it to be even usable let alone viable.

36 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Then you wont be getting much RT performance. RT requires very strong GPU performance for it to be even usable let alone viable.

Sounds like 45-60fps with RT on the 7700S and a solid 60fps on the 7800S is likely from what research I've been doing. Very reasonable. 😄