Dropped my mouse off my desk, now scroll wheel is messed up.

Jplayz

During a gaming session, my elbow knocked my mouse onto the floor and now my scroll wheel is weird and the middle click has become extremely sensitive, as in it will middle click when I'm scrolling lightly. My mouse is a logitech G604 

My Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz (OC to 4.45GHz)

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200

Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S

Storage Device: 2X 1TB WD Blue HDD, 256GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus (Windows install)

Case: NZXT H510i

Keyboard: Corsair K70 TKL Champion Edition/Reddragon K552 (Blue Switches)

Mouse: Glorious Model O

Headset: Corsair H60 Pro Surround

6 minutes ago, Jplayz said:

During a gaming session, my elbow knocked my mouse onto the floor and now my scroll wheel is weird and the middle click has become extremely sensitive, as in it will middle click when I'm scrolling lightly. My mouse is a logitech G604 

Almost sounds like a G502 mouse I slammed bottom down onto my desk once. The button inside is deformed and would have to be replaced. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

6 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Almost sounds like a G502 mouse I slammed bottom down onto my desk once. The button inside is deformed and would have to be replaced. 

Thanks for the solution, would it be worth going through Logitech to maybe get warranty because its not too old, or should I just buy a new one?

My Specs:

Storage Device: 2X 1TB WD Blue HDD, 256GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus (Windows install)

2 minutes ago, Jplayz said:

warranty

If it's under warranty then yes. 

The g604 is on sale for $70cad right now. 

3 minutes ago, Jplayz said:

Thanks for the solution, would it be worth going through Logitech to maybe get warranty because its not too old, or should I just buy a new one?

Well, I won't say you should just because it fell off the desk and broke the scroll wheel button (because it's technically consumer damage and Logitech won't send a replacement), you can if you want.

Up to you if you want to abuse the warranty and get a new mouse out of it, otherwise just order a replacement. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

Well, I won't say you should just because it fell off the desk and broke the scroll wheel button (because it's technically consumer damage and Logitech won't send a replacement), you can if you want.

Up to you if you want to abuse the warranty and get a new mouse out of it, otherwise just order a replacement. 

Thank you very much! Was pretty much wondering if it was fixable or not

My Specs:

Just now, Jplayz said:

Thank you very much! Was pretty much wondering if it was fixable or not

No problem. For sure the mouse wheel is fixable if you get the button replacement and have soldering skills to remove and solder the new button in. I was going to do this with that G502 mouse I slammed but the left/right buttons started to intermittently function, opening it up revealed the housing of the switches busted and they were pricey so I opted to get a new mouse instead.