Choice between Asus 3060TI and 3070.

nijine2393
Go to solution Solved by TylerD321,

In most cases, the 3070 will beat the 3060 ti of any variant. That being said, the 3060 tis will run colder as they use less power. You should be fine to get the 3070 as the heat difference is a matter of a couple of Celsius if any.

What case and fans do you have?

I am going to buy a video card. But after selecting the options available to me at the price I have a feeling of uncertainty, and here I want to ask for advice on the choice.

So, my budget allows me to buy one of three video cards from ASUS. 

i4i51Ad.png

Having looked through the tests I see that 3070 is in the lead in terms of FPS, and it's more productive. 

But there's also 3060TI in GDDR6X memory version and it shows off literally on par and has better cooling in TUF version.

Here are the tests are just three of them.

Spoiler

Although I came across tests where the RTX 3070 Dual version is generally cold. And especially with the undervolt.

Spoiler

Which of these video cards will be more performance and colder in cooling?

So the question is, which is better to take?

Thanks in advance 

=)

In most cases, the 3070 will beat the 3060 ti of any variant. That being said, the 3060 tis will run colder as they use less power. You should be fine to get the 3070 as the heat difference is a matter of a couple of Celsius if any.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

For lower temps and noise, the 2 3060 Ti's should be better. They have a better cooler than the 3070 and consume less power which creates less heat. They are identical, but one has LHR which means it won't work as well for mining (though I think LHR was disabled in a driver update some time ago).

For performance, the 3070 is better.

My suggestion would be to look at the other options. Think 6700 XT's, 6800 XT's, other AIB's. Possibly also a 6650 XT, which performs close to a 3060 Ti for way cheaper (usually)

Just now, TylerD321 said:

Thank you for your reply. I haven't bought any case fans yet, but I plan to get "be quiet! Pure Wings 2 PWM 120mm (BL039)" in 5 quantity (I have mini-tower case).

UPD: My case

Spoiler

https://2egaming.com/en/product/2e-gaming-pc-case-clarus-gm5/

2 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

For lower temps and noise, the 2 3060 Ti's should be better. They have a better cooler than the 3070 and consume less power which creates less heat. They are identical, but one has LHR which means it won't work as well for mining (though I think LHR was disabled in a driver update some time ago).

My suggestion would be to look at the other options. Think 6700 XT's, 6800 XT's, other AIB's. Possibly also a 6650 XT, which performs close to a 3060 Ti for way cheaper (usually)

AMD cards have a much better price to performance ratio right now assuming you don't need raytracing or any of your programs don't require Nvidia. 

1 minute ago, nijine2393 said:

Thank you for your reply. I haven't bought any case fans yet, but I plan to get "be quiet! Pure Wings 2 PWM 120mm (BL039)" in 5 quantity (I have mini-tower case).

I wouldn't expect heat to be an issue with that many fans as long as you have them properly selected for intake/exhaust and the machine has ample access to fresh air.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

1 minute ago, TylerD321 said:

AMD cards have a much better price to performance ratio right now assuming you don't need raytracing or any of your programs don't require Nvidia. 

Yeah, main benefits for Nvidia are CUDA and faster RT

If you're doing proffessional stuff on the system, maybe the 3070 is worth it. Otherwise, I agree with Pixelfie that the 6700xt or 6800xt are better value. 

Just now, Pixelfie said:

That's good advice, but the 3070 still beats them in tests, and I love NVIDIA.

Just now, TylerD321 said:

I wouldn't expect heat to be an issue with that many fans as long as you have them properly selected for intake/exhaust and the machine has ample access to fresh air.

I think if the full assembly will be, the video card will not warm up much, because Asus has a good cooling according to reviews - and there's a good radiator with tubes inside.

Just now, JimTheBeet said:

If you're doing proffessional stuff on the system, maybe the 3070 is worth it. Otherwise, I agree with Pixelfie that the 6700xt or 6800xt are better value. 

About the first one - partly yes.

Anyway...

I guess my choice would be 3070.

Thanks for your advice and help, guys.

=)