Trying to identify an AeroCool CPU cooler

JogerJ
Go to solution Solved by Naijin,
44 minutes ago, JogerJ said:

So I bought a pre-built with a 3300X which had this cooler on, which I eventually replaced with an AMD Wraith (I happened to have one lying around) but I have no idea what model this is. The spec sheet the builder wrote was "Standard AMD Cooler", but clearly this is not from AMD. The fan seems to be 80mm, very similar to an AeroCool Force 8, can't tell for sure because I didn't take it apart. It has 4 pin cable and clips on to the motherboard (the clips I removed to accommodate the new cooler I have installed). The heat sink is about 85mm x 85mm (3,34646 in x 3,34646 in). The heatsink doesn't resemble the shape of AeroCool BAS fans. I'm starting to wonder whether this is some frankenstein cooler the vendor made up

Anyone got ideas? Btw are the brackets that the cooler mounts to part of the cooler kit or the motherboard? I want to get rid of this fan to be recycled or something but I'm not sure if the brackets are part of the kit.

It does look more like the stock AMD cooler with an Aerocool fan strapped to it. They do have screw holes to mount a different fan so I assume that's what happened. Maybe the fan died and since it's easy to replace, just put on another fan. Maybe an AM3/AM4 cooler? I think those retention clips are the same.

So I bought a pre-built with a 3300X which had this cooler on, which I eventually replaced with an AMD Wraith (I happened to have one lying around) but I have no idea what model this is. The spec sheet the builder wrote was "Standard AMD Cooler", but clearly this is not from AMD. The fan seems to be 80mm, very similar to an AeroCool Force 8, can't tell for sure because I didn't take it apart. It has 4 pin cable and clips on to the motherboard (the clips I removed to accommodate the new cooler I have installed). The heat sink is about 85mm x 85mm (3,34646 in x 3,34646 in). The heatsink doesn't resemble the shape of AeroCool BAS fans. I'm starting to wonder whether this is some frankenstein cooler the vendor made up

Anyone got ideas? Btw are the brackets that the cooler mounts to part of the cooler kit or the motherboard? I want to get rid of this fan to be recycled or something but I'm not sure if the brackets are part of the kit.

photo_2022-11-30_17-35-23.thumb.jpg.5680a8e721a52b03e03d14a7a7dc7d95.jpgphoto_2022-11-30_17-38-17.thumb.jpg.d2dd38abf2fd3398ee82155d8b41d891.jpg

If you found my answer to your post helpful, be sure to react or mark it as solution 😄

44 minutes ago, JogerJ said:

It does look more like the stock AMD cooler with an Aerocool fan strapped to it. They do have screw holes to mount a different fan so I assume that's what happened. Maybe the fan died and since it's easy to replace, just put on another fan. Maybe an AM3/AM4 cooler? I think those retention clips are the same.

5 hours ago, Naijin said:

Seems like the most plausible answer. I can't even determine which heat sink this comes from, I looked at different coolers AMD used to bundle these past years, they're similar in size but not quite the same cut. But certainly it's not AMD Wraith Stealth that should've been bundled with it, now I feel scammed

If you found my answer to your post helpful, be sure to react or mark it as solution 😄

The black things are the stock mounting clips for the cpu cooler.But those are mostly used for stock coolers and like 3 aios.I'd keep them just in case you have a cooler that uses those.