Anyone know of an ATX case where the motherboard can be installed with the RAM on top?

kyn1972

With support for a 360mm AIO on the top with a clear panel and the abililty to have the GPU fans facing the clear window so as not to impede the airflow from the front.

Just to be clear... you want a case that will let you install the motherboard with a 90掳 rotation counter clockwise? That would make the I/O come out on the bottom unless they made some passthrough somethings.. Sorry I don't think I've ever come across that... I wonder why you would want the RAM towards the top though, care to satisfy my curiosity?聽馃

6 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Just to be clear... you want a case that will let you install the motherboard with a 90掳 rotation counter clockwise? That would make the I/O come out on the bottom unless they made some passthrough somethings.. Sorry I don't think I've ever come across that... I wonder why you would want the RAM towards the top though, care to satisfy my curiosity?聽馃

Yes, I want the AIO to be above the RAM on top of the case and I want the window to be on the left side.

As for access to the motherboards ports I do not object to them being on the bottom of the case as long as I can route the cables under it and out the back.

27 minutes ago, kyn1972 said:

Yes, I want the AIO to be above the RAM on top of the case and I want the window to be on the left side.

As for access to the motherboards ports I do not object to them being on the bottom of the case as long as I can route the cables under it and out the back.

As far as I know, there is no such layout of a case. If you want something like that it will need to be made custom.聽

If all you want is for a top mounted 360mm AIO and the glass panel to be on the left hand side of the case, there are plenty of cases that allow for that without needing a 90 degree rotation of the motherboard.聽

Main Desktop:CPU - i9-14900k聽|聽Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4聽|聽GPU- ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090聽|聽RAM- Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz聽|聽AIO- H150i Pro XT聽|聽PSU- Corsair RM1000X |聽Case- Phanteks P500A Digital - White聽|聽Storage- Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB聽 |

TV Streaming PC:聽Intel聽NucCPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage聽- 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4- Phantom Black 512GB |

6 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

As far as I know, there is no such layout of a case. If you want something like that it will need to be made custom.聽

If all you want is for a top mounted 360mm AIO and the glass panel to be on the left hand side of the case, there are plenty of cases that allow for that without needing a 90 degree rotation of the motherboard.聽

Ya, I was afraid of that.

I guess I will stick with my聽Phantek Enthoo 719.

Thank you for replying though.

there won't be many cases with Cables on the bottom, due to how tall the feet would be.聽 (HDMI / DP connectors aren't short, so to have them sticking out the bottom, it'd be a tall set of feet)

lianli v3000 plus has rotated mobo, but it's gonna be real pricey

it's more for watercooling tho

look at 6:00 & 16:00 for rotated setup

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski聽N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

On 11/29/2022 at 9:53 PM, fonzz1e said:

lianli v3000 plus has rotated mobo, but it's gonna be real pricey

it's more for watercooling tho

look at 6:00 & 16:00 for rotated setup

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for though as the poster above pointed out its expansive LOL

I will have to consider if its worth the cost though its very tempting.

i don't see v3000+ as "worth it" for its cost, unless yer planning to go custom loop (which is another cost addon)

better/cheaper if u just do the mod it yerself

checkout the 3 part series at kitguru on modding meshify to mobo i/o facing downwards

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski聽N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini