1st Time Building roadblock, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra DDR5 Z690 Mobo USB ports no power.

MormonHotSauce

First time building a PC

I have it set up out of box with Mobo, 13600k CPU, Plat P41 2TB SSD PCIe NVMe M.2, RX 6700 Speedster SWFT 309 GPU, G.Skill Z5 16x2 RGB DDR5-6000 RAM, and Enermax LIQMAX III ARGB 360 AIO. When I power on, fan starts up, graphics card fans spin, RGB on RAM sticks lights up, but things are not working well. There is no signal going to monitor (HDMI to monitor is plugged directly into graphics card), keyboard won't work on any USB slot in Mobo, RGB won't illuminate logo on MOBO, there are some flashing red lights on mobo, and I am getting 5 errors codes: c2, c4, 12, 54, 59, and then c1 right before it self reboots but manual doesn't really help at all with identifying the real cause of these error codes. It will then continue that cycle till I shut off power switch. I have tried reseating SSD, RAM, GPU, and fan. None of those fixed the error codes. I then tried updating bios, small LED light came on mobo indicating it had started process, but I have no idea if it finished because none of the USB ports appear to be feeding power (so I'm assuming bios didn't fully update). When I search error codes in the manual, this is what they have listed:

C0~CF: Reserved.

12~14: Reserved

50~55: Memory initialization error occurs.

59: CPU micro-code is not found or micro-code update is failed.

Not really sure where to go from here. I checked everything before I bought it to make sure things like mobo and RAM were compatible. Just checked again, and websites say they should be. I found another thread talking about similar issues with a different model board that was fixed by updating bios, but again I can't get any power through mobo USB ports so I am thinking perhaps the board is damaged? PLEASE let me know if you've ran into something like this before. I called GIGABYTE customer support, but have been waiting on a call back for about 12 hours. Not sure if that's ever going to come in. I will attach some pictures of everything so it's easier to see if I hooked something up incorrectly. Any HELP here is greatly appreciated!

Here is a link to the video I uploaded so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about. I will also attach a few pictures. Thank you!

attachments.zip

1 minute ago, MormonHotSauce said:

First time building a PC

I have it set up out of box with Mobo, 13600k CPU, Plat P41 2TB SSD PCIe NVMe M.2, RX 6700 Speedster SWFT 309 GPU, G.Skill Z5 16x2 RGB DDR5-6000 RAM, and Enermax LIQMAX III ARGB 360 AIO. When I power on, fan starts up, graphics card fans spin, RGB on RAM sticks lights up, but things are not working well. There is no signal going to monitor (HDMI to monitor is plugged directly into graphics card), keyboard won't work on any USB slot in Mobo, RGB won't illuminate logo on MOBO, there are some flashing red lights on mobo, and I am getting 5 errors codes: c2, c4, 12, 54, 59, and then c1 right before it self reboots but manual doesn't really help at all with identifying the real cause of these error codes. It will then continue that cycle till I shut off power switch. I have tried reseating SSD, RAM, GPU, and fan. None of those fixed the error codes. I then tried updating bios, small LED light came on mobo indicating it had started process, but I have no idea if it finished because none of the USB ports appear to be feeding power (so I'm assuming bios didn't fully update). When I search error codes in the manual, this is what they have listed:

Not really sure where to go from here. I checked everything before I bought it to make sure things like mobo and RAM were compatible. Just checked again, and websites say they should be. I found another thread talking about similar issues with a different model board that was fixed by updating bios, but again I can't get any power through mobo USB ports so I am thinking perhaps the board is damaged? PLEASE let me know if you've ran into something like this before. I called GIGABYTE customer support, but have been waiting on a call back for about 12 hours. Not sure if that's ever going to come in. I will attach some pictures of everything so it's easier to see if I hooked something up incorrectly. Any HELP here is greatly appreciated!

Here is a link to the video I uploaded so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about. I will also attach a few pictures. Thank you!

attachments.zip 12.79 MB · 0 downloads

Your z690 board is going to need a BIOS update for 13th gen

18 hours ago, MormonHotSauce said:

First time building a PC

attachments.zip 12.79 MB · 0 downloads

Hi MormonHotSauce,

By what you're describing and showing in the video, if you've already updated the BIOS to support Intel 13th gen CPU (or you're not able to), then it sounds like a CPU problem to me. Try removing the CPU, inspecting the pads on the CPU and the pins on the CPU socket with a magnifying tool. If that all checks out, reseat the CPU and try to power on again.

Also, if you're unable to update the BIOS, have you tried using Q-Flash without the CPU installed?

Let me know.

Good Luck,

Brian