Hackintosh legality

So is it legal to have a personal hackintosh? Or is it only illegal to sell it? And has apple really cared to die anyone over a hackintosh.

EDIT. MEANT SUE NOT DIE

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

So is it legal to have a personal hackintosh? Or is it only illegal to sell it? And has apple really cared to die anyone over a hackintosh.

Why would it be illegal?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Part of the deal with Hackintosh is already having a Mac to download the OS, yea? So they got their money from that. I hope they're not killing people over it.  :ph34r:

Part of the deal with Hackintosh is already having a Mac to download the OS, yea? So they got their money from that. I hope they're not killing people over it.  :ph34r:

torrent the OS then VM and make a bootable usb then install done no mac needed. :)

I need to know if it's legal for personal use. My dad won't let me do a hackintosh because he saw that you cannot install Mac osx on a non apple computer (EULA)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I need to know if it's legal for personal use. My dad won't let me do a hackintosh because he saw that you cannot install Mac osx on a non apple computer

lol theres nothing that says it is illegal if you buy the OS.

lol theres nothing that says it is illegal if you buy the OS.

Well Apple claims that you don't own the os, your just borrowing it. (Something like that) and the Eula states that you cannot install Mac osx on a non apple computer.

It's probably illegal, but that's why it's got all those pirate lookin' logos. What fun is it if you care about legality?

It's probably illegal, but that's why it's got all those pirate lookin' logos. What fun is it if you care about legality?

My dad doesn't want to go to court. (I told him that nobody has gotten sued by Apple over a hackintosh before)

My dad doesn't want to go to court. (I told him that nobody has gotten sued by Apple over a hackintosh before)

It is apparently illegal but i have never heard of anyone being sued from it lol nor is there like anyway for apple to tell u can go on tonymacx86 or insanelymac and u will see thousands of hackintosh people those sites have never been shut down and u can even buy a hackintosh of ebay you wont be sued.

It is apparently illegal but i have never heard of anyone being sued from it lol nor is there like anyway for apple to tell u can go on tonymacx86 or insanelymac and u will see thousands of hackintosh people those sites have never been shut down and u can even buy a hackintosh of ebay you wont be sued.

I need to convince my dad somehow.

how does he even know its illegal in the first place?

how does he even know its illegal in the first place?

One of the first websites after searching hackintosh is about how hackintosh is unethical and illegal

edit: douple post, could some moderator delete this, please?

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

Is it his computer? Probably best to not go messing around with it if he doesn't want it.

One of the first websites after searching hackintosh is about how hackintosh is unethical and illegal

what @Joonikko said but what u need to read from that whole thing is this.

"This isn’t to say that Apple is going to have police breaking down your door and throwing you in jail for building a Hackintosh. The chances of that are probably about the same as being caught pirating music, movies, and other software."

Edit: id say its even less of a chance then that i have made a hackintosh and nothing happened to me.

Is it his computer? Probably best to not go messing around with it if he doesn't want it.

It's my personal build that I'm gonna build sometime in June so that's not the issue.

Get Windows 7

I do

Get Windows 7

Repost plz delete

Also he said that if Apple wanted to make an example out of him, he would be the one in trouble

Apple will not go around to people's houses 24/7 seeing if anyone has OS X installed on non-Apple hardware. It's as simple as that. 

But Apple WILL take people to court if someone was to sell *large quantities* of Hackintoshed PCs. 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Within the EULA you may not install it on anything other than Apple branded hardware.

However if you did decide to then you would be violating the EULA.

I'm no lawyer, but the most I would see apple to be able to do would be to make you uninstall their software from that product.

I mean in court what could they actually sue you for if they wanted to? 

What you must remember is that it is not against the law to do this. It is against the EULA. The EULA is not the law.

I actually have no idea though, but this would be my point of view on it. 

I have never made a hackintosh, and none of the information I have provided is of any certainty.

This post is completely of my own opinion, and I take no responsibility for any reason, of any action, any other

user, person, or member for their use of any version of OSX on any non-Apple branded hardware. 

I take no responsibility for the actions of others for any reason or circumstance. 

(Feel like covering myself on a legal basis whenever I talk about this kind of stuff lol)

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.