Hackintosh legality

You are breaking the End User licence agreement, which means you are not licensed to install it. But Apple has let it go on so long, and are reaping tons of benefits from it. Every app purchase, all the you-tubers that hackintoshed to use final cut pro which comes with its own price tag, and just purchase the system.

And you do not break any "Security" systems to do it you run a boot-loader that converts apple hardware commands to be friendly with your hardware. If its not already supported.

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

Most courts in Europe would laugh at a case over this and throw it out. They sue you for damages but there are very little if any you paid for the software. If you try profit via the reselling of it you can find yourself in trouble but that's it.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

You can't dictate exactly what a customer can do with your product. I believe it's antitrust (not sure though, haven't studied corporations law yet).

The EULA is a contract, however, it is ineffective unless you have to click through it to pay for something. Many boxed games try to throw EULA crap on you after you've paid for things in the store.

Yea thought it would be something like this.

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Apple are very sneaky about the terms policy, and im sure if they had the chance that they would sue every living person on this planet that owned a hackintosh, but I HIGHLY doubt they would hand pick you and your dad out just to sue you instead of sueing all those bigger YouTube's who have done hackintosh (Linus, Austin etc). I don't own a hackintosh, im not a current fan of OSx, but I do hate how apple try to sneak in as much bullsh*t as they can.

Apple are very sneaky about the terms policy, and im sure if they had the chance that they would sue every living person on this planet that owned a hackintosh, but I HIGHLY doubt they would hand pick you and your dad out just to sue you instead of sueing all those bigger YouTube's who have done hackintosh (Linus, Austin etc). I don't own a hackintosh, im not a current fan of OSx, but I do hate how apple try to sneak in as much bullsh*t as they can.

But any company has those little sneak in bits. But do you want the reputation as the company that put 10000 people in jail over them basically purchasing and supporting apple with os purchases, app purchases, software purchases? I mean yes your not using it on "apple" hardware. But at the same time it only broadens their market to allow it to happen gets more people on Mac which dies help even if they don't buy mac hardware.

Sonys PSP was a perfect example. It was released and how many people went and bought one for the "hacked" value.

Granted the game devs may have lost out on that one.

Look at all the revisions after with PSP and Go and Vita. They all died off because they couldn't sell it to us when the pop 1000 already out did it. And the games take too long to load or are to "mature" for the younger audiences.

That's why Ds is the best selling portable. Sold to the right market.

Mac appeals to a large market. But is out of the price range with their hardware a lot of the time.

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

It is illegal because it violates the EULA for OSX. Nothing is going to happen if you create a Hackintosh. However, if you try to sell them that's where you can get into some trouble

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1