do old gpu drivers cause problems if not uninstalled?

boniw

Specs:

r5 5600

1660ti/gtx 750

2x8 3200mhz corsair vengeance LPX

Mobo: b550 aorus elite ax v2

m.2 ssd: wd sn770

Recently built my first pc and was using  a used 1660ti that my friend had bought off of ebay. It didnt work in his system (probably not relevant as it worked in a technicians system just fine) so he thought he would give it to me to see if it worked in mine. Unfortunately (and painfully) he dropped the card on the floor just before installing it and when we did install it  would produce and output, boot to windows in  an extremely low resolution (something like 480p) and run fine for a couple seconds then freeze. I did have drivers installed for an old gtx 750 still in my pc when this happened and i am currently using the that same 750. I was wondering if old drivers being installed during installation would cause these problems before i buy a new card. 

I would suggest nonetheless, to download and install DDU and do a clean driver install. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD