AVX and Photoshop/Topaz plugins

EagleLady

I use the latest version of Photoshop (running windows 10) and thought to buy the latest Topaz Ai plugin called Photo Ai .   When I download the free trial version it will not install it as tells me my CPU does not support AVX.   I have read what the forum says on what AVX is, but nowhere does it tell me how to install/add AVX to my system.   Help please as simply have no clue how to go about this or what to even ask for to fix the problem.  What do i need to do/buy/download/update or who do I go to to get it added to my system ?      Computers are not my area of expertise so I need an explanation that is not too complicated!!!  

AVX is a feature of your hardware, so you can't "install it" - would require replacing major components of the computer or the whole thing.

What is your current hardware?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

What CPU do you have now?

AVX is an instruction set that's built into the processor, it's not something you can arbitrarily add later on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Vector_Extensions

The only way that's possible is if you have a Pentium or Celeron processor that doesn't include them, but the i3s, i5s, and i7s of the same generation do. If that's the case, and your motherboard supports them, you can have one of those installed. (It will probably be used, but that's okay. As long as they're not abused or physically damaged by mishandling, processors very rarely go bad.)

Best case, you need your PC upgraded with a better processor. Worst case, you need a whole new computer. (If your current one is from 2010 or earlier, you definitely need a whole new computer because there is no upgrade path with AVX for it.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.