Stadia is refunding to expired cards and refuses to help customers.

alexiskaselouris
9 hours ago, Thomas4 said:

because it may cost him a few dollars.

Wait this is over a few bucks? This guy seriously made an account just to complain about a few bucks? Man people have too much time on their hands. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

8 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Wait this is over a few bucks? This guy seriously made an account just to complain about a few bucks? Man people have too much time on their hands. 

They claim calling to bank costs them €30-40 and couple of hours. Not sure how accurate that is. But it is UK bank, so could be that they just have trash customer support. It takes me some 20mins to handle stuff on phone with my bank, including waiting time. Checking up few sites, price for international mobile call is €0.20-0.45, depending on operator and countries involved.

So they are mainly whining because they are the one who made mistake, they therefore have to forfeit some of the amount they would otherwise be entitled to get. And this is if they don't want to wait and do things even harder. If the payment bounces, then Google can assist more. But thats something that may not happen, or may take several days or weeks to get through.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 11/27/2022 at 6:45 AM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

It took me as much time as it took you to reply.

17 minutes ago, alexiskaselouris said:

I wrote this post because I do believe was unfair treatment to others that couldn't do what I did.

It seems like you are the only one who thinks you have been treated unfairly.

I understand that you think the situation is annoying, but when faced with a situation like this it is always good to take a deep breath and think "what could I have done differently?" as well as "how do I solve this situation?".

I get the impression that you are not really interested in doing either of those two things and would rather just find someone to blame. That might feel good in the short term (unless people disagree with you), it won't actually help you. 

Google already provided you with all the information you needed.

• It doesn't matter that the card is expired because it will still get sent to the bank account associated with the card. This is the most logical way of handling refunds and that's why they do it. It works perfectly in 99% of situations. That's why they automated it that way.
  • Google has already sent the money, so they will wait for the money to bounce before doing anything else. if they didn't, it would be incredibly easy to commit fraud against them. They obviously won't just send you money if you ask for it, which from their POV is essentially what you are doing. They sent you money using the details you provide them, and now you are asking them to send you more money to a different account. Try and look at the situation from their point of view and you might understand why they act the way they do.
  • If you want your money as quickly as possible, you need to contact your old bank. The money is in their possession so you need to contact them. They do have alternative methods of contacting them (other than a phone call), but quite frankly it is not Google's responsibility to solve how you contact your former bank. That is between you and your former bank.
  • If you don't want to contact your bank then you are going to have to wait. When Google sees that the payment bounced because the account is closed, they will contact you and ask for additional information so they can send the refund to the correct account. Again, from their POV they have already sent you the money. Just because you say you haven't received it does not mean they will blindly trust you and send you more money. They need confirmation that the money didn't reach you first. 

24 minutes ago, alexiskaselouris said:

and since you are a moderator I can tell this right to your face. I wrote this post because I do believe was unfair treatment to others that couldn't do what I did.

Fair would mean nobody gets special treatment, so I would argue treatment was fair. You were treated the same as any other customer: a refund to the account that bought it and instructions to follow in case that was no longer an active account.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

31 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

So you did what you were supposed to do and this is solved and you did get a refund? 

as I would and never implied that I wouldn't.

again lawlz you do have too much free time re-posting apparently. It was never my intention to just complain I have already solved the issue. So now please answer why when it was never implied that I wouldn't do the necessary things you found it just to insult me? and I quote "That might feel good in the short term (unless people disagree with you), it won't actually help you. " Take your own advice and be kinder to other people.

9 minutes ago, alexiskaselouris said:

again lawlz you do have too much free time re-posting apparently. It was never my intention to just complain I have already solved the issue. So now please answer why when it was never implied that I wouldn't do the necessary things you found it just to insult me? and I quote "That might feel good in the short term (unless people disagree with you), it won't actually help you. " Take your own advice and be kinder to other people.

All your posts on first page indicate that you rather blame Google and demand them extra than admit being wrong.

Good that you did get things resolved.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

* thread cleaned and locked : OP has a resolution and this discussion has turned to insults *

Please avoid any insults and troll accusation, as per the rules outlined in the Community Standards.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !