Help please

Firexace

So I’m new to pc building and I am very confused because I am trying to build a pc with 6 of corsairs sp 120s and a Corsair h150 (3 fans with the h150 and another 3 with a 4000x rgb) and the h150 comes with a corsair commander. my question is what can I do for the last rgb thing. The the commander has 6 rgb spots and I have the six fans plus the pump heads rgb.

RGB strips? I misundertood.

Check motherboard header, most boards have 2 rgb headers.

Also, 4000X's airflow isn't great, if you're running high performance parts, it is better to stick with airflow variant cases.

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

On 11/24/2022 at 1:31 AM, Firexace said:

So I’m new to pc building and I am very confused because I am trying to build a pc with 6 of corsairs sp 120s and a Corsair h150 (3 fans with the h150 and another 3 with a 4000x rgb) and the h150 comes with a corsair commander. my question is what can I do for the last rgb thing. The the commander has 6 rgb spots and I have the six fans plus the pump heads rgb.

If the board doesn't have two RGB headers, you can do like I did and treat the the two topside fans (normally #4 / #5) as one with splitters on the Commander's #4 port, leaving 5 and 6 open for the rear exhaust fan and pump RGB. PirateDog Tech sells these. You'll probably need one for power and one for RGB / LED, whichever applies. You could do this with any two devices (the rear exhaust fan and AIO pump, for example), but I find the the topside fans as a pair is least conspicuous.

With a 4000X and a Lighting Node Core, tying fans 4/5 as one to the Lighting Node's #4 allowed me to put the rear exhaust on #5 port and the CX650F RGB power supply on port 6. iCUE simply sees and treat the topside fans as a single fan, hardly a noticeable difference.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

10 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

If the board doesn't have two RGB headers, you can do like I did and treat the the two topside fans (normally #4 / #5) as one with splitters on the Commander's #4 port, leaving 5 and 6 open for the rear exhaust fan and pump RGB. PirateDog Tech sells these. You'll probably need one for power and one for RGB / LED, whichever applies.

Did that in a 4000X myself with a Lighting Node Core and a CX650F RGB power supply, plugged its RGB into port 6. iCUE will simply see and treat the topside fans as a single fan. You could do this with any two devices (the rear exhaust fan and AIO pump, for example), but I find the the topside fans as a pair is least conspicuous.

What type of headers because mine doesn’t have jCorsair which I looked up and it said I needed a jcorsair one

14 hours ago, Dukesilver27- said:

RGB strips? I misundertood.

Check motherboard header, most boards have 2 rgb headers.

Also, 4000X's airflow isn't great, if you're running high performance parts, it is better to stick with airflow variant cases.

What headers cause there aren’t any jcorsair and I looked it up and it said I needed jcorsair headers

What is your motherboard?

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

6 hours ago, Firexace said:

What type of headers because mine doesn’t have jCorsair which I looked up and it said I needed a jcorsair one

@Dukesilver27-has the right idea in identifying your motherboard to know what can be done here. Most modern motherboards have headers for RGB control. If its older, say, LGA1155 or AM3, it's not likely to have them. My post was a Plan B in the event the motherboard had no RGB headers (like the Intel DH77EBs I worked with recently). These are some standard motherboard RGB headers.

ALITOVE PC RGB LED Strip Light for Motherboard with 4 Pin RGB Header  (+12V,G,R,B) , Computer Case DIY Lighting for ASUS Aura RGB, Gigabyte RGB  Fusion, ...

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Being its corsair the controller does the rgb,You plug the controller into a front usb 2.0 on the motherboard and the icue software does your rgb.