Amernime for r9 290

unagi895
Go to solution Solved by TetraSky,

290 is GCN

https://sourceforge.net/projects/amernimezone/files/Release Legacy GCN (Pre-Polaris)/
You need this. V7-22.10.1-GCN-UMD-WHQL-Nemesis-NimeZ-DCH.7z is the latest.

It's relatively straight forward on how to install it.

This is what should be downloaded

Spoiler

image.png.9ba85eab4102de1de074ce95307ea3e6.png

Before starting I would recommend you run DDU in safe mode to get rid any of your older drivers. Be sure to disable windows driver updates (should be easy in DDU to do so)

As for the actual install of Amernime...

Just extract the 7zip archive of the driver (you will need 7zip 64-bit Windows x64 if you don't already have it), then run "NzSetup.exe".

You don't need to select the advanced setup at all.

Choose either Quick Install Regular Present or Simple GUI Setup.

Spoiler

image.png.e0cb979266961a54afed136f2c816e58.png

If you choose Quick Preset, 

Some windows will open one after the other.
Select Recommended on the first one.

The second one ask for whether or not you want AMD Adrenalin Software. Select Yes, it's useful.

Third is the color of the software. Default is Adrenalin (red accent). But you can take the others if you like. Doesn't matter. Won't affect anything.
Fourth is the GPU config. AMD Default is likely your situation.

During install, you'll be prompted a few times about a few different things that I didn't mention here. Just read what's on screen to know what to do.

After it's installed and you've rebooted. You should be good to go.

Open the start menu, type "dxdiag", and run that command.

Spoiler

image.png.908fd336452b88f5060f0efe9408df35.png

If you go in the Display tab, you should see "WHQL Logo's : Yes". This is what you want to see.

Spoiler

image.png.a5e4cdc4a403b56199dfe018b93526f2.png

The "extra menu" or NzSetupCLI.exe, is pretty much stuff you don't actually need to worry about. Or already installed as part of the quick install. Like Adrenalin software.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bd280d32cfe25623c093029075dfa52c.png

Overall, it's very straight forward on how to install it... You just need to read.

Hi there I'm looking for some guidance, I watched the LTT on old GPUs in today's world using amernime zone and wondered what would be the correct download for the AMD Radeon R9 290?

I've tried with some to no avail and I'm looking to see if I have; 1 the right download and 2 if I'm installing it correctly.

Any install guides would be greatly appreciated also.

Thank you for your time

290 is GCN

https://sourceforge.net/projects/amernimezone/files/Release Legacy GCN (Pre-Polaris)/

Spoiler

Before starting I would recommend you run DDU in safe mode to get rid any of your older drivers. Be sure to disable windows driver updates (should be easy in DDU to do so)

Just extract the 7zip archive of the driver (you will need 7zip 64-bit Windows x64 if you don't already have it), then run "NzSetup.exe".

Spoiler

Some windows will open one after the other.

The second one ask for whether or not you want AMD Adrenalin Software. Select Yes, it's useful.

Third is the color of the software. Default is Adrenalin (red accent). But you can take the others if you like. Doesn't matter. Won't affect anything.

During install, you'll be prompted a few times about a few different things that I didn't mention here. Just read what's on screen to know what to do.

Spoiler

If you go in the Display tab, you should see "WHQL Logo's : Yes". This is what you want to see.

Spoiler

The "extra menu" or NzSetupCLI.exe, is pretty much stuff you don't actually need to worry about. Or already installed as part of the quick install. Like Adrenalin software.

Spoiler

Overall, it's very straight forward on how to install it... You just need to read.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

21 hours ago, TetraSky said:

290 is GCN

Hide contents

Hide contents

Some windows will open one have the other.

Hide contents

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

Holy crap dude, thank you. I couldn't have asked for a more clear and concise answer. You are the hero we need not the one we deserve!