Looking for quiet, 850w PSU

Skaviciusz

Hello

Last week i bought a seasonic prime gx 750, but i have problems with fan rattle in hybrid mode (PSU turning fan on/off every 20s for ~1s and when fan spin up it generate a lot of rattle sound - it is really annoying, because it happend even on idle), so i decide to return this unit and buy something else - and there's a question: what would you recommended from quiet, 850w power supplies? Low EMI is nice-to-have, because as ham radio operator, i really don't want to deal with a lot of rf interference, but it is not a main requirement

I'm know thinking about 3 models:
- Corsair RM850x (if i understand correctly, current versions are 2021 models?)

- Corsair HX850
- Seasonic focus PX 850w

To be more accurate, i looking for PSU in price range 800-900PLN (around $175-200) on polish market

RMx has a lot of good revievs, and good price (in compare to other brands) in my country, so i'm almost decided for that, but i also want to know there's silimar problems with fan like in seasonic PSUs

HX is a little bit more expensive than RM model, but i don't know it is really worth to pay more for it - in my case probably not
And seasonic... i almost was convinced to buy it again. but i find out there's still problems with rattling fans

PSU will be connected to R5 5600x and RX6600 - but i'll change GPU to RTX4070 or it counterpart from AMD in near future

I have the RM850x in my current build (5600x, 3080 ftw3) and I have yet to hear the PSU. Granted, I am not listening for it specifically, but even running games full tilt, no fps cap my entire system is very quiet. Maybe I'm just lucky and the o11 air mini case is just a really good layout - PSU is bottom back corner and the fan is pointed away from me, so it would really need to be loud for me to hear it

1 hour ago, Skaviciusz said:

Seasonic focus PX 850w

Skip this one. RMx and HX are better.

Is the XPG Core Reactor, EVGA Supernova G7, Fractal ION+ or FSP Hydro PTM Pro available in Poland?

25 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Skip this one. RMx and HX are better.

Is the XPG Core Reactor, EVGA Supernova G7, Fractal ION+ or FSP Hydro PTM Pro available in Poland?

XPG is available, Fractal kinda is (you need to make a special order) and FSP is available only in 1000w+ versions

edit: I found FSP in 850w version, so it is available too

May I suggest a fourth contender if you care about sound level: be quiet! Straight Power 11. I've had one for a while now, and they apparently decided that their company name is still applicable to their products. The 750W has survived an rtx 3080 ti for about a year now.

I've used an RM850X for several years now.  Solid.  Maglev fan.  Nice.  Used a Seasonic 750 in another build...might have been a Focus GX.  No issues.

5 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

I've used an RM850X for several years now.  Solid.  Maglev fan.  Nice.  Used a Seasonic 750 in another build...might have been a Focus GX.  No issues.

I will not complain about my seasonic if i want to use it in normal mode - but i didn't pay for hybrid PSU and higher model to don't use this function, and with this problems i have with it, i cannot use it tbh v: My friend has a focus GX on silimar spec pc, but probably 550 or 600w model and his pc is working fine for few years - but i'm not sure he's using a hybrid or normal mode, and he's probably doesn't care about silence

So, i bought RM850x and at this moment i'm pretty happy with it. On cinebench + furmark psu fan didn't even spin, but psu making on this load weird noise (something like coil whine, but it is a little bit diffrent) but i can heard it only under my desk, so it will not be a big problem (probably?). The biggest disadvantages on this corsair are cables - i don't remember when i see that much stiff cables, and really bad design on sata cables (only 90 degrees ones, i had some problems to connect my SSD that was mount to the wall). Now i'm probably will do some real-life testing, and see how it behave under this things