Cooling i9 13900k For pc

I have finally gotten the chance to build my pc after exams So I have been doing a lot of research with pc parts. I want to take the recently released 13900K

But I want to take an air cooler so here's my ques : 1) Should I air cool a this CPU for productivity like renders? 

2) What will be the highest temps?

3) What will be the the best thermal paste for this CPU and AIR coolers?

4) Should I get a nh-d15 or AK620 ?

IF, I under-volt  THE CPU  or by any pc experts cause if  I don't need 5.8 GHZ clock speed for editing and renders its a power hungry CPU I have seen benchmarks it runs pretty hot under load

so I wanna know if I under-volt the  and air cool The CPU will it work? 

For your usecase the recently price dropped 7950x makes more sense. Its more efficient and identical performance multi core.

Basically no air cooler contains a 13900k unless you absolutly blast the fans.

Its a ridiculous cpu and the first cooler that can cool it when it has unrestricyed fresh air acess would be a arctic liquid freezer 360mm with pump at 90%+.

Also what do you mean with renders? Like 3d rendering? There cpus are basically irrelevant if you can use nvidia optix. We are talking a rtx 3050 being 10s of times faster than a 13900k.

10 minutes ago, Tech nerd sab said:

I have finally gotten the chance to build my pc after exams So I have been doing a lot of research with pc parts. I want to take the recently released 13900K

But I want to take an air cooler so here's my ques : 1) Should I air cool a this CPU for productivity like renders? 

IF, I under-volt  THE CPU  or by any pc experts cause if  I don't need 5.8 GHZ clock speed for editing and renders its a power hungry CPU I have seen benchmarks it runs pretty hot under load

1. personally i would fit the best and biggest cooler you can affort and fit in your case.
2. under full all core load at stock it will get hot, 80c+.
3. thermal grizzly kryonaut? (i dont keep up with new pastes).
4. I'd say both are very close in performance but the ak620 is way cheaper.

if you air or water cool, undervolting will always save you power and gets you lower temps, so yes it will work.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

For your usecase the recently price dropped 7950x makes more sense. Its more efficient and identical performance multi core.

Basically no air cooler contains a 13900k unless you absolutly blast the fans.

Its a ridiculous cpu and the first cooler that can cool it when it has unrestricyed fresh air acess would be a arctic liquid freezer 360mm with pump at 90%+.

Also what do you mean with renders? Like 3d rendering? There cpus are basically irrelevant if you can use nvidia optix. We are talking a rtx 3050 being 10s of times faster than a 13900k.

Basically I will be using this for autodesk blender photoshop lightroom davinchi resolve and obviously premire pro etc etc.....

Air cooling is fine. 100c peak is normal with default motherboard settings.

The NH-D15 and AK620 are both great. The NH-D15 is more expensive while being slightly better and has a longer warranty at 6 years vs 3.

https://www.tomshardware.com/best-picks/best-thermal-paste

There are plenty of good pastes and the paste included with the cooler should be fine.

Undervolting may lower temps without sacrificing performance and is a good idea. If you adhere to Intel stock power limits / settings, temps may be lower as well. Many motherboards have default bios settings that go paste Intel stock specs.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

360 Aio and agresive undervolt the cpu should have u maxing at 90c 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

• 9 months later...
On 11/22/2022 at 11:55 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Air cooling is fine. 100c peak is normal with default motherboard settings.

The NH-D15 and AK620 are both great. The NH-D15 is more expensive while being slightly better and has a longer warranty at 6 years vs 3.

https://www.tomshardware.com/best-picks/best-thermal-paste

There are plenty of good pastes and the paste included with the cooler should be fine.

Undervolting may lower temps without sacrificing performance and is a good idea. If you adhere to Intel stock power limits / settings, temps may be lower as well. Many motherboards have default bios settings that go paste Intel stock specs.

Thanks! I have these two builds to choose from right now. Thoughs on which you think is best?

#1: 353237,306135,236123,349239,353525,33910

#2: 

Inet.png

On 11/22/2022 at 6:54 AM, Tech nerd sab said:

1) is the room air conditioned?

2) that job will produce a lot of heat, but I can't give numbers. Undervolting will help. 

3) Honeywell

4) AK620 if you go with air.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂