3 monitors setup

Nickolas47

I am thinking of going with a tri monitor setup, i was looking at 3 of theese http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.170215, tell me your opinion

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

overpriced... http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.161961 this one is better and cheaper.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

overpriced... http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.161961 this one is better and cheaper.

They're almost exact same price.. And I wouldn't say the Dell is "better". They're both rated very well, though the ASUS usually etches the Dell away slightly in reviews.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Go for these - LG 23ea63v - I own 3 of them and they are amazing, and extremely good for the price.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

thanks but are you sure it has 8ms responce tome and the asus has 5

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

They're almost exact same price.. And I wouldn't say the Dell is "better". They're both rated very well, though the ASUS usually etches the Dell away slightly in reviews.

Dell is factory calibrated and has much better stand for 3 monitor setup.

Response time doesn't mean anything. http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

Go for these - LG 23ea63v - I own 3 of them and they are amazing, and extremely good for the price.

Or go with this one because these ones are close to the Asus.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Go for these - LG 23ea63v - I own 3 of them and they are amazing, and extremely good for the price.

THANKS excellent price

The response time spec is bull. The way it's measured for gtg has little to no regulation. Ignore it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The response time spec is bull. The way it's measured for gtg has little to no regulation. Ignore it.

thanks didnt know it

My only beef with the response time being complete BS is.. Obviously, these monitors DO have a response time, and some ARE going to be faster.. How exactly do you know which is faster than the other? For example, the 3 monitors mentioned in this thread - ASUS, Dell, LG - are all 3 great monitors. Excluding price, how would you decide which is better, per say for gaming if you're looking for the faster one? Would you just have to trust reviews, or is there an actual way of figuring it out.. before buying?

My only beef with the response time being complete BS is.. Obviously, these monitors DO have a response time, and some ARE going to be faster.. How exactly do you know which is faster than the other? For example, the 3 monitors mentioned in this thread - ASUS, Dell, LG - are all 3 great monitors. Excluding price, how would you decide which is better, per say for gaming if you're looking for the faster one? Would you just have to trust reviews, or is there an actual way of figuring it out.. before buying?

i know but i dont think that the diferences are noticeable i think i will go with the lg

There are some in-depth reviewers that would measure the actual BTB or WTW response time as well as Ghosting or any other relevant details. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There are some in-depth reviewers that would measure the actual BTB or WTW response time as well as Ghosting or any other relevant details.

of these three monitors mentioned here which do you sugest?

Gotcha. So just as I figured, and as usual, just go by trusted reviews.

So, @WoodenMarker - what IPS Monitors are the highest rated for gaming? Or, could you link me to some reviews where I can decide for myself? I tried to google it, but I get either "top rated gaming monitors" (TN) or "top rated monitors" (IPS) I'm having no luck finding the mix of the 2.. Top rated IPS monitors for gaming. Aka, the fastest IPS panels.

If anyone else knows of any reviews out there for which IPS panels were reviewed specifically for gaming, please do let me know!

Gotcha. So just as I figured, and as usual, just go by trusted reviews.

So, @WoodenMarker - what IPS Monitors are the highest rated for gaming? Or, could you link me to some reviews where I can decide for myself? I tried to google it, but I get either "top rated gaming monitors" (TN) or "top rated monitors" (IPS) I'm having no luck finding the mix of the 2.. Top rated IPS monitors for gaming. Aka, the fastest IPS panels.

If anyone else knows of any reviews out there for which IPS panels were reviewed specifically for gaming, please do let me know!

Modern displays have pretty low response times in general as is. You probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway. 

of these three monitors mentioned here which do you sugest?

I'd personally go for the Dell for the better stand and vesa mount. 

Modern displays have pretty low response times in general as is. You probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway. 

I'd personally go for the Dell for the better stand and vesa mount. 

I don't care about the stand, I'll be VESA mounting 3 displays together over time. NVidia Surround and whatnot. I currently own a ViewSonic VA2431wm monitor, which is a TFT LCD, and I game just fine on it. It's rated @ 5ms response, again bogus or not, but the monitor works great for me. I'll be buying 2 IPS monitors, probably ASUS (thanks to you ;)) and will be using this ViewSonic as the 3rd. Don't prefer to get 3 new monitors right now, as I also need an articulating VESA mount, new desk, and new speakers.

I would've never thought I would be looking into Dell monitors.. For me it was always ASUS, BenQ or LG.. But Dell ready does have some gorgeous offerings. I won't be counting them out when I make my final decision tomorrow. 3 weeks of research now. I'm very picky, and will spend lots of extra $$ even if it has black screws instead of silver screws, or something just as trivial as that. :P

i will get the lg monitors can please someone tell me what cables should i connect between my gpu and the monitors

i have three dell u2414h these http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

and they are running is surround, and must i say the bezel is so small i don't even notice it when gaming

as for response times i didn't notice any change from my old monitor 

and the Nvidia gtx 780 ti does not support display port 1.2 daisy chaining yet

EDIT: after getting curious, nvidia does support daisy chaining just not in surround mode

I'm going to recommend this as well, the stand is better and it supports vesa mounting, 4 usb 3.0 ports (1 usb port is above the I/O), it also has displayport which I'll take over HDMI. 

Sure, the Asus MX239H is cheaper but you get a much better display and I/O with the Dell.   

and the Nvidia gtx 780 ti does not support display port 1.2 daisy chaining yet

AMD supports Daisy Chaining, and I'm curious if one DP connection is really enough to drive multiple displays in Eyefinity?  It certainly would save on cable clutter at least from the back of your PC side of things, you still may need a hub but since the monitor already has DP 1.2 output I don't think that is needed.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I'm going to recommend this as well, the stand is better and it supports vesa mounting, 4 usb 3.0 ports (1 usb port is above the I/O), it also has displayport which I'll take over HDMI. 

Sure, the Asus MX239H is cheaper but you get a much better display and I/O with the Dell.   

AMD supports Daisy Chaining, and I'm curious if one DP connection is really enough to drive multiple displays in Eyefinity?  It certainly would save on cable clutter at least from the back of your PC side of things, you still may need a hub but since the monitor already has DP 1.2 output I don't think that is needed.

yes dp 1.2 can support 5670 x 1080 @ 60 hz and in q2 2014 dp 1.3 can do 8k

and i read that  daisy chaining is in beta for nvidia but i didn't do that much research into because 2 more cables isn't that much more

EDIT: after getting curious, nvidia does support daisy chaining just not in surround mode

yes dp 1.2 can support 5670 x 1080 @ 60 hz and in q2 2014 dp 1.3 can do 8k

and i read that  daisy chaining is in beta for nvidia but i didn't do that much research into because 2 more cables isn't that much more

And that's one thing I wish Nvidia would get on, their professional cards have nview and mosaic and are so much better than surround, those features should not cost thousands more than a geforce card!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress