sony wf-1000xm4 not LOUD enough other suggestions?

vWORMHAT

Need to get new buds for the gym, previously had the Jabra elite 75t and even then wanted just a little but more volume. Back when I had the semi wireless jbird x2s I was happy with the amount of volume I could get out of them. I'm going to return the sony wf-1000xm4 and am wondering what anyone would suggest that pumps out just a little more sound.

Tbh I dont Care at all about any other features, just want them loud, sounding good and to be low profile enough to fit under a motorcycle helmet. Was looking at trying the galaxy buds pro or the galaxy buds pro 2.

go wired with a dap?

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

I have them, and they can be very loud.

Are you sure your phone doesn't have a volume limiter enabled?

Are you sure your music player doesn't have its volume set to lower?

If you use Android phone, note that the equalizer of the OS lowers the volume. Use the Sony app equalizer instead. Make sure Android one is disabled.

On 11/21/2022 at 3:58 AM, vWORMHAT said:

Need to get new buds for the gym, previously had the Jabra elite 75t and even then wanted just a little but more volume. Back when I had the semi wireless jbird x2s I was happy with the amount of volume I could get out of them. I'm going to return the sony wf-1000xm4 and am wondering what anyone would suggest that pumps out just a little more sound.

Tbh I dont Care at all about any other features, just want them loud, sounding good and to be low profile enough to fit under a motorcycle helmet. Was looking at trying the galaxy buds pro or the galaxy buds pro 2.

Elaborating on what @GoodBytes already said:

The Sony WF-1000XM4 have two means of setting the volume: via bluetooth and on the headphones themselves. You probably haven't set the volume on the headphones. Use the app to configure one of the buds for volume control and then tap until you hear the chime indicating volume is set to max. Then you can configure it to anything you wish and just keep using bluetooth volume control.

Hope this helps. If you max out the volume via bluetooth and on the headphones themselves and it's still not enough, you should be worried about your hearing.

On 11/25/2022 at 9:04 AM, HenrySalayne said:

Elaborating on what @GoodBytes already said:

The Sony WF-1000XM4 have two means of setting the volume: via bluetooth and on the headphones themselves. You probably haven't set the volume on the headphones. Use the app to configure one of the buds for volume control and then tap until you hear the chime indicating volume is set to max. Then you can configure it to anything you wish and just keep using bluetooth volume control.

Hope this helps. If you max out the volume via bluetooth and on the headphones themselves and it's still not enough, you should be worried about your hearing.

On 11/23/2022 at 10:26 AM, GoodBytes said:

I have them, and they can be very loud.

Are you sure your phone doesn't have a volume limiter enabled?

Are you sure your music player doesn't have its volume set to lower?

If you use Android phone, note that the equalizer of the OS lowers the volume. Use the Sony app equalizer instead. Make sure Android one is disabled.

So i ended up getting the Galaxy Buds pro 2, Jabra 85t, and the Sennheiser mtw3 and so far my conclusion is that the Sony's were not loud enough. I had tried all the above suggestions and more and for the price of the earbuds the volume level wasn't acceptable for me. The galaxy buds pro 2 are slightly louder but the highs were too loud compared to the bas and mid-tones, compared to the Jabra 85t the bass and mid-tones were much better for me and the Jabra 85t seem to be the loudest out of the 4 earbuds. Wanting more clarity in the mid-tones and highs i bought the Sennheiser Momentum true wireless 3s and as i expected it does have more clarity, instrument separation and detail compared to the Jabra's at the expense of just a tiny bit of volume. Now i will be testing both to see which pair i decide to keep, I don't blare music at %100 all the time but in the gym when i want to hit my heaviest set for less than a minute i want the amount of volume i want and paying $200 for a pair that leaves me wanting more volume isn't acceptable for me. If anyone is interested in more id be happy to share. Also the galaxy buds pro 2 only come with the set of ear tips that are on there their like a medium/small which for $200 is unacceptable