Motorcycle blowymatron

First, enflish not my first language, sorry for misspelling and formar errors.

Right now im buying a "corven triax 150cc" and i was wondering, ¿can you "turbocharge" that engine with a blowymatron?. In my country (argentina) theres not a lot of places to "dyno" a car, less a motorcycle. The place that does that is 250km of where i live, so zero chances, but it will be a good proyect to see if it can be done or if it will yield any increase (or decrease) in power. Also, those coolers are extremely rare and if you can source one (i already checked), it will cost arround 30k (at conversion rates it will be arround 150 us dollars) and no less than 30 days to arrive. It will be cool to se someone trying this.

Does the size engine you're allowed to have depend on what kind of license you have?

I don't think server fans can provide enough airflow at high enough pressure to make an appreciable difference. You would also have to change the fuel delivery, because just adding air will make the air-fuel mix far too lean. (You have to either adjust the fuel mapping on the ECU if it's fuel injected, or re-jet on the carburetor.)

150cc bikes can still be a lot of fun, as long as you don't expect to pop wheelies on the freeway.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Yes, it depends on the licence. I have mine for about 8 years now and i can drive up to 150cc. I never tried to upgrade it. Being honest, any motorcycle above 150cc cost too much, even used ones. For example, the Benelli TNT 300cc new cost today arround 1 million, thats arround 6200 us dollars, and used ones even models of 2018 with 50k km arround 600K to 700K. Keep in mind, new ones here about 50% of the price is only taxes (argentina being argentina i guess).

As for the fans and airflow, thats why it will be an interesting proyect. As for the jets on the carburetor, you only need to change the high jet (the one for high rpm, the jet for low rpms doesnt need to be changed, its mainly function its to provide fuel from 800rpms to about 2000rpms). It will be fun to watch if its possible. Even 1hp more will be a huge gain in a 150cc engine.

19 hours ago, Caroline said:

One word.

YHQXZ6l.png

Is this a dirtbike? computing fans aren't made to suck dirt, dust, mud or liquids.

At the cost of putting more stress on the engine, sprockets and chain.

I have a 70s 110cc Honda for repairs and the previous owner(s) abused it so much it's taking me a long time to replace all of the bent, worn-out and cracked parts. Headlamp is missing, brakes disintegrated and the rear tyre is so smooth you can see your reflection in it.

But as always:

Yes. This is the bike

spacer.png

Im not using it for dirt roads or sand or to do stupid things.

The thing here has to do with insecurity. I want to change the relation of the transmition to the wheel (chain and the other two, i dont know its names in english) to have more final speed, but maintaining the same acceleration.

I feel you, all my bikes are repaired "in house". My car goes to the mechanic shop, i dont know jack about cars, but bikes? Im not mechanic but i can repair my own bikes, and if i dont know, "san google has all the answers". I remember my firsr 110cc, it was used, generic brand. I was able to make that piece of machine run at 140km/h (87mp/h). After the third piston, connecting rod and cylinder i rolled it back to stock and sold it. But all that was when i was a teenager and now i cant spare copious amounts of money testing and trying, i have a family to feedspacer.png