Are these benchmark results on par with my specs?

Hey everyone. So I am in the midst of investigating why my pc is underperforming in certain games. I have done a couple of benchmark to see if there is any issue with the gear itself.My Specs:
  • Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.3V + Lian Li Galahad
  • Asus X370 Pro Prime MB
  • Corsair Vengeance 2x8 @ 3333 mhz
  • MSI RTX 3060
  • M.2 nvme storage
  • Seasonic Focus GX 750W
Here are the benchmark results:
3DMARK Time Spy
Are these results up to snuff? I tried comparing them myself but idk if, for example, 1000 points difference from the 3dmark test is a lot of not.
Worth mentioning that the cooling is sufficient, having reached max 60C on the GPU and 80C on the CPU in 3rd Mark.
Absolutely everything (including bios) is up to date.

3dmark.png

Ryzen 9 7900x w/ LIAN LI Galahad 240  +   MSI RTX 3060
32GB @ 4800 mhz Corsair Vengeance + ASUS TUF X670e-PLUS

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

17 minutes ago, kriptcs said:

benchmark

Benchmarks are by and large meaningless when determining issues. You say certain games are under performing, which ones and in what way?

By way of contrast, my Ivy-Bridge dual Xeon workstation gets 3516 in single core and 23604 in multi-core on GB. I can't directly compare GFX card scores as I'm running AMD but my score is 116,677 in openCL

EDIT:

I can't run TimeSpy but here is a guy with crossfire WX 7100s (I have a single one) running nearly the same CPU as you

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/63950756?

Unless crossfire gives double the performance in TS, I should think something may be off with your system as I don't feel the WX 7100 is that strong of a card (it's akin to a 3GB GTX 1060)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Benchmarks are by and large meaningless when determining issues. You say certain games are under performing, which ones and in what way?

By way of contrast, my Ivy-Bridge dual Xeon workstation gets 3516 in single core and 23604 in multi-core on GB. I can't directly compare GFX card scores as I'm running AMD but my score is 116,677 in openCL

EDIT:

I can't run TimeSpy but here is a guy with crossfire WX 7100s (I have a single one) running nearly the same CPU as you

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/63950756?

Unless crossfire gives double the performance in TS, I should think something may be off with your system as I don't feel the WX 7100 is that strong of a card (it's akin to a 3GB GTX 1060)

Well it all started when I tested another pc with ryzen 5 3600 and 2060 and it was getting way better fps in CS, to name one. I am talking about a 100+ fps difference. That's why I started to check if my system works at the level it should. 

So then would you argue that my gpu is underperforming?

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Just now, kriptcs said:

Well it all started when I tested another pc with ryzen 5 3600 and 2060 and it was getting way better fps in CS, to name one. I am talking about a 100+ fps difference. That's why I started to check if my system works at the level it should. 

So then would you argue that my gpu is underperforming?

I"m not a gamer (really, I tend to play simple stuff like Minecraft) but it would seem something is off. The question is...what?

So, let's have, for starters, a complete rundown of your system (OS and version, BIOS level on mobo, driver version for your GPU, all hardware specs, and everything that is running resident in your system tray at boot, PLUS CPU and GPU temps under idle and under load)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I"m not a gamer (really, I tend to play simple stuff like Minecraft) but it would seem something is off. The question is...what?

So, let's have, for starters, a complete rundown of your system (OS and version, BIOS level on mobo, driver version for your GPU, all hardware specs, and everything that is running resident in your system tray at boot, PLUS CPU and GPU temps under idle and under load)

GPU Driver: 526.98 (Latest as of Nov 16)
Windows 10 64 bit at the latest update (Can't see the exact number anywhere)
What's running at boot part 1 part 2

Idle temps on Open Hardware Monitor: part 1  part 2
Under Load (AIDA64 Extreme everything checked) Temps: part 1 part 2

And I will go to the bios now and check

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

4 minutes ago, kriptcs said:

GPU Driver: 526.98 (Latest as of Nov 16)
Windows 10 64 bit at the latest update (Can't see the exact number anywhere)
What's running at boot part 1 part 2

Idle temps on Open Hardware Monitor: part 1  part 2
Under Load (AIDA64 Extreme everything checked) Temps: part 1 part 2

And I will go to the bios now and check

20221119_135532.jpg

20221119_135541.jpg

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

What resolution do you run in your gaming, 1080p or higher?

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

What resolution do you run in your gaming, 1080p or higher?

1080 244hz

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

2 minutes ago, kriptcs said:

1080 244hz

Ok. I'm going to have to think on this, give it a day, others may chime in with better insights.

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Ok. I'm going to have to think on this, give it a day, others may chime in with better insights.

Alright. Thanks for the help!

It's been a week straight trying to figure out what's going on myself.

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Would you reckon it could be a cpu bottleneck of any kind?

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

6 hours ago, kriptcs said:

Would you reckon it could be a cpu bottleneck of any kind?

It's possible, I"m not great with what card matches what CPU, but that GPU you have seems to be a pretty powerful card. I don't think you have a hardware failure (in other words, I don't think any of your parts are bad) I was still thinking along the lines of a software corruption.

Here's a question for you, and this may, or may not answer anything: Can you beg/borrow a 4k monitor and see what your system does under that? It may only muddy the waters for answers, which is why I wouldn't suggest you buy one

13 hours ago, kriptcs said:
Hey everyone. So I am in the midst of investigating why my pc is underperforming in certain games. I have done a couple of benchmark to see if there is any issue with the gear itself.My Specs:
  • Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.3V + Lian Li Galahad
  • Asus X370 Pro Prime MB
  • Corsair Vengeance 2x8 @ 3333 mhz
  • MSI RTX 3060
  • M.2 nvme storage
  • Seasonic Focus GX 750W
Here are the benchmark results:
3DMARK Time Spy
Are these results up to snuff? I tried comparing them myself but idk if, for example, 1000 points difference from the 3dmark test is a lot of not.
Worth mentioning that the cooling is sufficient, having reached max 60C on the GPU and 80C on the CPU in 3rd Mark.
Absolutely everything (including bios) is up to date.

3dmark.png

well, well, well, in 3dmark you can show "similar systems" right there, that should answer all your questions (sadly u didn't link it otherwise I could show you)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

well, well, well, in 3dmark you can show "similar systems" right there, that should answer all your questions (sadly u didn't link it otherwise I could show you)

Similar setups have about 10k in 3dmark. 
Here is the link: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/83409970

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

15 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

It's possible, I"m not great with what card matches what CPU, but that GPU you have seems to be a pretty powerful card. I don't think you have a hardware failure (in other words, I don't think any of your parts are bad) I was still thinking along the lines of a software corruption.

Here's a question for you, and this may, or may not answer anything: Can you beg/borrow a 4k monitor and see what your system does under that? It may only muddy the waters for answers, which is why I wouldn't suggest you buy one

I will try to find one. Is there any way to force my monitor to show 4k and try it this way?

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

2 hours ago, kriptcs said:

Similar setups have about 10k in 3dmark. 
Here is the link: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/83409970

yeah so that means ur rig is "slightly" underperforming... also keep in mind the top dogs will be heavily overclocked and stuff, but yeah you kinda have to look at the average scores.

i haven't checked your results yet, but will do in a bit. maybe i see something. 🤔

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

ps: you may also run firestrike,  its a bit heavier and maybe tells us more.

EDIT: yeah, im going to go ahead and say your system works probably pretty normal... *maybe slightly less than optimal* but 1000 points probably sounds more than it really is... maybe its bad cooling,  some sketchy 3rd party apps (rgb control software etc) or a bad overclock? 

Here's #100 (similar specs) and there isn't a whole lot of differences, (u even beat them in some categories) but they're also *heavily* overclocked (maybe even ln2, look at that cpu/gpu frequencies lol)

1488443539_Screenshot_20221120-164712_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.png.7abd3f384707dad2df88ddc8e96c030e.png

I'll keep looking but so far i don't really see anything abnormal with ur system... maybe others can spot something...?

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

DDU graphics drivers, reiinstall graphics + mobo drivers

What's your CPU frequency at full synthetic load? It should hit around 4.1-4.2ghz in all core loads, and slightly higher in lightly threaded apps like games.

You say your 3900x is at 1.3v...are you manually Overclocking for all core? If so, you'll experience worse gaming than if you allow it to boost on it's own.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 minutes ago, Shimmy Gummi said:

What's your CPU frequency at full synthetic load? It should hit around 4.1-4.2ghz in all core loads, and slightly higher in lightly threaded apps like games.

You say your 3900x is at 1.3v...are you manually Overclocking for all core? If so, you'll experience worse gaming than if you allow it to boost on it's own.

check the TS benchmark ss i posted above (or check OPs link)... looks fairly normal frequency wise? gpu may be a bit low, but still like completely normal?

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 minutes ago, Shimmy Gummi said:

I will probabbly just do a windows reinstall the upcoming week tbh.

If synthetic load means AIDA then it's about 90C at about 4 ghz

And regarding the undervolt, it was running at 1.5 before and I have just locked the CPU Core voltage at 1.3. Worth nothing it did not change a thing

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

1 minute ago, kriptcs said:

And regarding the undervolt, it was running at 1.5 before and I have just locked the CPU Core voltage at 1.3. Worth nothing it did not change a thing

1.5? Jesus 

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

4 minutes ago, kriptcs said:

all u probably need to do is leave the CPU at default (its pointless overclocking ryzen if u dont know *exactly* what you do) and overclock your gpu... pretty sure you'll get like 9500 at least.

reinstalling Windows isnt gonna change much, the important part is to leave the bios settings at default (except XMP)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

13 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

ps: you may also run firestrike,  its a bit heavier and maybe tells us more.

EDIT: yeah, im going to go ahead and say your system works properly pretty normal... *maybe slightly less than optimal* but 1000 points probably sounds more than it really is... maybe its bad cooling,  some sketchy 3rd party apps (rgb control software etc)

Here's #100 (similar specs) and there isn't a whole lot of differences, (u even beat them in some categories) but they're also *heavily* overclocked (maybe even ln2, look at that cpu/gpu frequencies lol)

1488443539_Screenshot_20221120-164712_SamsungInternetBeta.thumb.png.7abd3f384707dad2df88ddc8e96c030e.png

I'll keep looking but so far i don't really see anything abnormal with ur system... maybe others can spot something...?

I actually posted the same exact thread on reddit and people were saying it's quite low...

Still, these benchmarks do not interest me in the slightest. The reason I am trying to hard to find out if there's an issue is because I am getting poor performance in CS:GO

I ran this benchmark and I am getting about 400 ish fps. 

A system with a Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4ghz, rtx 2060 and 15gb of ram at 3200 + a TUF gaming b450 board runs easily at 520.

My mate with an i5 11400f and a gtx 1660 runs at about 420.

And it's not like I am trying to have a dick measuring contest or anything, but I actually notice quite depressing drops in fps. I have a 240hz monitor so anything below that is quite bad. And I am constantly hitting 200, even 180fps while playing deathmatch. Also keep in mind I don't just stare at the fps counter every time I play or anything. I genuinely feel the freezes.

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

3 minutes ago, Shimmy Gummi said:

1.5? Jesus 

that was the default. That was before I tinkered with anything...

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

41 minutes ago, kriptcs said:

And it's not like I am trying to have a dick measuring contest or anything, but I actually notice quite depressing drops in fps

and that's typically not the point of these benchmarks,  unless you use LN2, then maybe...!

its to see how the system overall fares, if its stable...

as said something obviously feels slightly off w ur system,  but its also still fairly normal on average. 

now the issues with csgo... that's difficult to say, but as i said sketchy software,  wrong bios settings,  a bad overclock, or undervolt... i genuinely don't know but it's likely something llike that.

make sure ur bios and drivers are up to date, maybe reinstall windows,  don't install additional software like rgb etc...  HWINFO64 or MSI afterburner is generally all you need to have some monitoring at least and most importantly leave your BIOS at *default* settings... it makes no sense to say you undervolted something and you have issues and don't know why... nobody will until you use the default settings,  heck i would even say leave pbo off, its not going to give u 100s of fps anyway and the system will run cooler.

don't install ryzen master or "zen timings" either... Basically the more vanilla ur windows install and BIOS settings are the better,  especially for troubleshooting. 

40 minutes ago, kriptcs said:

that was the default. That was before I tinkered with anything...

this also seems like it could be some misinterpretation... was it 1.5 *max* or *constantly*?

because the latter would probably kill ur cpu fast, the former is actually normal (most mobos will limit it to 1.45 or something,  but 1.5 is still normal... for almost any ryzens at least... afaik)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity