Questions about quiet fans and how to control fan RPM

Budget (including currency): Just fans. As long at they're under $50 a piece

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Anything I run

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey everyone,

I have a case called The Beast from Monster Labo, which usues a completely fanless design to passively cool the CPU and GPU, but it can only cool the GPU up to 250 W passively. If you run 2 fans as exhaust at the top, you can cool up to 320 W, and my goal is to cool around 300 W. In the video that LTT did with the case below, if you go to 20:04 in the video, you can see where he adds fans to the case and runs them at 800-850 RPM and is able to achieve the 320 watts of cooling for the GPU. So my question is, what are the most silent 140 mm fans out there that can still move a decent amount of air, and how in the world do you just set a fan to run at a steady RPM? I have an ASUS MoBo and for the life of me I can't figure out how to tell it to just stay at a certian RPM for the fans. 

Thanks for any help or advice!

Use the Asus Fan Xpert utility. If memory serves, set a horizontally flat fan curve for each fan. It helps if the fans are PWM, i.e. no change in fan speed despite temperature. Height on the y axis is fan speed.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

17 minutes ago, JuicyMullet said:

Budget (including currency): Just fans. As long at they're under $50 a piece

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Anything I run

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey everyone,

I have a case called The Beast from Monster Labo, which usues a completely fanless design to passively cool the CPU and GPU, but it can only cool the GPU up to 250 W passively. If you run 2 fans as exhaust at the top, you can cool up to 320 W, and my goal is to cool around 300 W. In the video that LTT did with the case below, if you go to 20:04 in the video, you can see where he adds fans to the case and runs them at 800-850 RPM and is able to achieve the 320 watts of cooling for the GPU. So my question is, what are the most silent 140 mm fans out there that can still move a decent amount of air, and how in the world do you just set a fan to run at a steady RPM? I have an ASUS MoBo and for the life of me I can't figure out how to tell it to just stay at a certian RPM for the fans. 

Thanks for any help or advice!

pair of Noctua NF-A14 would be good enough i'd say.

as for the fan controle, I started to use the software showed in a video from jayztwocents (video) software is linked below the video.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

6 minutes ago, brob said:

Use the Asus Fan Xpert utility. If memory serves, set a horizontally flat fan curve for each fan. It helps if the fans are PWM, i.e. no change in fan speed despite temperature. Height on the y axis is fan speed.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Wildgg said:

pair of Noctua NF-A14 would be good enough i'd say.

as for the fan controle, I started to use the software showed in a video from jayztwocents (video) software is linked below the video.

Nice! Those fans come in black too. 

Thank you for the link to the software!