7600x runing so hot? is this normal?

Go to solution Solved by Chiyawa,

Well, if you follow the news, you might notice that Ryzen 7000 CPU has thicker IHS (integrated heat spreader) which impact the heat transfer from the die to the heat sink cold plate. Unless you know how to sand down the IHS properly, this temperature problem will always surface. But, of course, you can always under-volt your CPU. Jayz2Cents have some video in Youtube showing how he get his Ryzen 7000 series CPU temperature down.

so im using arctic liquid freezer2 240mm before using 7600x i had 12700kf the cooler had a manufacturer defect. i changed cold plate and liquid (used automotive coolant) so its supposed to be better. yea its different cpu but still i feel like its supposed to be better. 133w and its already hiting 95C while my 12700kf throttled at 220-230w mark im sure i applied enough thermal paste and everything. the photo is using prime 95. talking about cpu speed in gaming i feel like its a lot better but im oddly hitting bottlenecs with no cpu cores at max or GPU(sometimes gpu goes to 95%) im considering upgrading to 3060ti as my 2060 sometimes gives me odd artefacts now

cpu.png

The 7600X is just a very hot CPU. They're designed to run at 95C at basically all times, even at relatively low power draws. It's just very thermally dense, so getting the heat out of the chip is very difficult. It's been like that with Ryzen chips since the 3000 series, they are very hot for the amount of power they consume, and Ryzen 7000 is even worse given its thicker IHS and much smaller manufacturing process. 

25 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The 7600X is just a very hot CPU. They're designed to run at 95C at basically all times, even at relatively low power draws. It's just very thermally dense, so getting the heat out of the chip is very difficult. It's been like that with Ryzen chips since the 3000 series, they are very hot for the amount of power they consume, and Ryzen 7000 is even worse given its thicker IHS and much smaller manufacturing process. 

ah ok thanks, i thought something is wrong with the antifreeze liquid in my AIO. whats up with 6.7GHZ never seen that before on a cpu lol

ccpu.png

Just now, 9justinas9 said:

ah ok thanks, i thought something is wrong with the antifreeze liquid in my AIO. whats up with 6.7GHZ never seen that before on a cpu lol

ccpu.png

HWMonitor doesn't read AMD clock speeds correctly, don't rely on it at all. It just kinda does that. Use something like HWiNFO64 to monitor Ryzen clock speeds instead.

yep, normal.  good luck during summer ~ 🥵

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Well, if you follow the news, you might notice that Ryzen 7000 CPU has thicker IHS (integrated heat spreader) which impact the heat transfer from the die to the heat sink cold plate. Unless you know how to sand down the IHS properly, this temperature problem will always surface. But, of course, you can always under-volt your CPU. Jayz2Cents have some video in Youtube showing how he get his Ryzen 7000 series CPU temperature down.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.