Weird flicker on integrated graphics 7700X.

Go to solution Solved by moroszyn,

After updating the UEFI the issue went away. Guess new AGESA fixed things.

FLICKER EPILEPSY WARNING

Specs: 

Ryzen 7 7700X

Asus TUF X670E Plus

Samsung Odyssey S28AG700NUX 4K

DP cable from Samsung 

Windows 10 Pro

Everything is working fine until I install AMD iGPU driver. It doesn't flicker in UEFI nor with Microsoft basic adapter. It only does this with AMD driver. 

Also:

1. Changing the resolution and refresh rate doesn't help.

2. Doesn't flicker in full screen YT videos.

3. Turning off freesync doesn't help.

4. Everytime it flickers I can hear distinct sound from PC that is synced perfectly with flicker, sound is present always, even when using microsoft driver.

5. Hard to capture but 4 blue lines are visible when flicker occurs but only with some resolutions.

6. Flicker seems to be correlated with system load: the more work my PC does the less epileptic flicker it produces.

IMG_20221112_103742.jpg

39 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Yes used the update and detect function. First Windows 10 didn’t want to find the driver so I downloaded that executable from AMD website and that was when my problem started.

6 hours ago, moroszyn said:

Yes used the update and detect function. First Windows 10 didn’t want to find the driver so I downloaded that executable from AMD website and that was when my problem started.

Best I got for you is patience. The iGPU in those chips are new, and new products are going to be buggy, had to struggle with it myself on an old APU and it totally blows,. Hopefully the next driver can fix it. Fill out a bug Report it to AMD when it happens and be as descriptive as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
On 11/21/2022 at 8:13 PM, moroszyn said:

Hi,

Can u tell me how did you update uefi. Because i have the same problem like you... 

• 3 months later...

Hello i have got the same problem i bought a new setup Asus tuf gaming b650plus, ryzen5 7600x, 8x2 16gb ram adata 4800mhz

The only problem accures with YouTube vids im not sure if the igpu is the problem cuz i started launching vid without even having igpu installed without knowing it happened once than i installed the igpu driver which the latest version up to this date nothing changes flickering in YouTube and crashing the browser also in system opening a video makes it laggy and corrupted , gaming side nothing happens everything works smoothly.

Asus am5 motherboards now today has a over voltage exploding cpu and killing both cpu and mb happening alot of cases the x3d series asus launched a agesa bios update undervolting cpu and soc 

7 hours ago, Amine Abd said:

Hello i have got the same problem i bought a new setup Asus tuf gaming b650plus, ryzen5 7600x, 8x2 16gb ram adata 4800mhz

The only problem accures with YouTube vids im not sure if the igpu is the problem cuz i started launching vid without even having igpu installed without knowing it happened once than i installed the igpu driver which the latest version up to this date nothing changes flickering in YouTube and crashing the browser also in system opening a video makes it laggy and corrupted , gaming side nothing happens everything works smoothly.

Asus am5 motherboards now today has a over voltage exploding cpu and killing both cpu and mb happening alot of cases the x3d series asus launched a agesa bios update undervolting cpu and soc 

You could disable hardware accelerated video in browser settings, update bios ( be wary of the beta versions as they void warranty), what os are you using?

16 hours ago, moroszyn said:

You could disable hardware accelerated video in browser settings, update bios ( be wary of the beta versions as they void warranty), what os are you using?

Hey, im useing win11 currently 

I've reinstalled the drivers and disabled the hardware acceleration  not having any flickering yet .

About the bios agesa update im currently on UEFI should i update to beta since its dedicated for x3d mainly.

Thank you for your help

• 8 months later...
On 5/13/2023 at 4:37 PM, moroszyn said:

this worked for me, thank you! The drivers are messed up on newer ryzen cpu's. Still hasnt been fixed yet, I had two cpus with the same issue, Ryzen 5 5600x and now Ryzen 7 7700x