Is PNY brand good for graphics card?

MD Utsho

The only brand I can find is Pny RTX 3060 TI
I've never used GPU from this brand before, Are they good? Also what about their under load temperature? 

Also what's the difference between 
PNY GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB UPRISING Dual Fan LHR Graphics Card 
PNY GeForce RTX 3060Ti 8GB VERTO Dual Fan (LHR) &
PNY GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB XLR8 

If anyone have any idea, Please let me know 
Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, heimdali said:

I've had a PNY card and it's fan quit.  So no more PNY for me.

Can I ask which model it was?

As with all GPUs, you really need to compare the individual cards rather than the brand. Each brand has missteps and some really good performers. There's basically none with an entirely consistent track record.

That being said, PNY is generally reputable, though not really a common name you see around in Western markets, at least not for GPUs. In regards to the comment above about having one PNY card and the fan dying, it really doesn't mean anything and is a silly reason to avoid a company. You may as well not buy anything from any tech company as all of them have outliers that fail prematurely (or just within the expected lifespan).

43 minutes ago, MD Utsho said:

Can I ask which model it was?

Yes 😛

I don't remember the model, it must have been 2008 or 2009.  The fan wasn't fixable and I had to get a "normal" fan and to somehow attach it to the graphics card.  The original fan had come apart and the card quit working because it was overheating.  That tells you what kind of quality you can expect from PNY.

2 hours ago, heimdali said:

Yes 😛

I don't remember the model, it must have been 2008 or 2009.  The fan wasn't fixable and I had to get a "normal" fan and to somehow attach it to the graphics card.  The original fan had come apart and the card quit working because it was overheating.  That tells you what kind of quality you can expect from PNY.

...one fan dying isn't a reason to discount an entire BRAND! Any fan can die. The GPU itself wasn't the problem. 

24 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

...one fan dying isn't a reason to discount an entire BRAND! Any fan can die. The GPU itself wasn't the problem. 

Of course it is.  They delivered very poor quality which caused a big hassle, and I have no reason to buy anthing from them ever again.  Why would I.

How many fans have you seen coming apart?  Sure fans can wear out because the bearings don't last forever.  But this wasn't wear due to age as can be expected, it was poor quality, and the card wasn't anywhere near old.  If they hadn't skimped on the fan, it wouldn't have been a problem.  They had their chance and they blew it.

Only bought two cards from them, 550ti and a 1080. Both were identical to the competition sharing the same boards. 
The 1080 had a cheap cooler but didn’t matter as I had a block for it.  

I’d buy them over zotac and gigabyte. 
For the series, I’d only get the FE card or something with a reference board. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Look up the warranty experience in your area. That'll get you to decide. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

when I had my PNY card's fan die they told me to send it in and maybe in 16 weeks I could get a replacement or mine repaired.  I told the representative that I needed it faster, can they just send me a little fan? Nope, can't do that.  I said I can give you the serial number of my card so you can void out the warranty if I replace it myself.  Nope.  I said that you void the warranty and just tell me a part number for the fan.  Nope.   F@#$K PNY, I never bought another thing from them and I won't in the future.  utter crap.  I would give Zotac or Gigabyte a shot before them.