Show stats on desktop on Windows 10

MS-DOS

is there any lightweight open source software that can simulate the stuff you see on Linux? something like this:

11-system-monitoring-with-conky-on-ubunt

I would like to know because my 3950X sometimes has the wrong CPU speed for some reason and now im paranoid if it's running at 1ghz and I don't want to double check, so while I fix it I would like to have this enabled.

The application that you're looking at is Conky, but it's Linux only.

However, there is another free and open source program that is highly rated and very widely used in the Linux community for years, gKrellM at:

https://www.srcbox.net/projects/gkrellm/ available in both 32 & 64 bit versions.

Main WindowTransparent theme

weirdly not that i know of... at least not "lightweight"

2 hours ago, C2dan88 said:

rainmeter

couldn't get rainmeter to run at all without bringing my whole system down, even with suspend option enabled -- could have be bios/software issue,  i don't know but i couldn't,  even the lightest thing would bog my system down. 

but here, for OP, it seems similar to what is wanted, but no guarantees if it's actually working (comments seem to suggest so)

https://www.deviantart.com/abu46/art/mii-system-skin-2-206965499

but jc, does it seem messy... several progs, dll... needed... (by the looks of it)

ps: btw, as always,  i think this is most likely safe, but it's *always* recommended to scan things you download with malwarebytes or virustotal (other AVs, not really recommended imho) and when it tells you it's not secure, then dont run it / delete it (i wanna say from 10 thousands of files i downloaded from DA, i had zero positives, but not all of those files needed link to DA)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 hours ago, Thomas4 said:

However, there is another free and open source program that is highly rated and very widely used in the Linux community for years, gKrellM at:

https://www.srcbox.net/projects/gkrellm/ available in both 32 & 64 bit versions.

Main WindowTransparent theme

actually this runs on windows. 

but

• No local mail support (Windows has no concept of local mail)

• Hardware sensors are read using external tools. Supported tools include SpeedFan, CoreTemp and MBM.

• Windows has no concept of system load (i.e. “proc” ), therefore the system load value is calculated by GKrellM itself. This calculation is rather inaccurate compared to the system load value determined by Unix systems.

• Swap activity cannot be determined in a reliable way on Windows, the swap activity graph is non-functional

• Acquiring the number of logged in users (part of the “proc” graph) may need administrative privileges on Windows. Most other functionality works just fine as a normal user though.

Same issue as rainmeter...relies on other stuff and/or basically just guesses what's going on ...

i don't understand why seemingly none of the common monitoring programs offer a *nice* overlay...

you can do some stuff with hwinfo, afterburner,  etc,  but it really doesn't look great, plus it typically only works for 3d applications,  so not on desktop (afaik)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

To provide another free solution:, but not as good as the one suggested, and maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but is built-in into Windows:

The Windows Game Bar.

Just do Win+G, pop-up the system resources panel if it's not open already, adjust transparency, and pin it

The downside is that it provides only basic info: CPU, GPU VRAM, and RAM usage (and FPS, which will be '--' as you are not running a game), and be always on top of everything.