Anyone able to help me with a memory issue?

I can't figure this out. I upgraded from 16GB to 32GB. I bought the exact same memory kit (KLEVV Cras X RGB 3600MHz 2x8GB) to upgrade with. I installed all 4 8GB sticks and cleared CMOS. When I turn my PC on from cold I'm met with an orange dram light on my motherboard (Asus B550 F Gaming) which prevents my PC from even getting to bios. Simply pressing reset on my case clears the dram light and my PC boots up normally.

Why would something like that happen?

They are klevvs and 3600 bin so im pretty sure those are all hynix djrs so theres no mismatching shenanigans, check thaiphoon burner for ics though

If this doesnt happen on every cold boot then nothing to be worried about, likely just odd behaviour or bios getting stuck on ram training

have you tested each ram stick itself . per  ram slot?

use a known good one. test each ram slot with it.
then test each ram stick in single or dual channel config.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

They are klevvs and 3600 bin so im pretty sure those are all hynix djrs so theres no mismatching shenanigans, check thaiphoon burner for ics though

If this doesnt happen on every cold boot then nothing to be worried about, likely just odd behaviour or bios getting stuck on ram training

That's a relief. I just didn't want it being my motherboard or something. Guess I'll just have to put up with having to reset it every time I turn it on from cold. 😩

8 minutes ago, dogwitch said:

have you tested each ram stick itself . per  ram slot?

use a known good one. test each ram slot with it.
then test each ram stick in single or dual channel config.

I have yes. I went through the pain staking task of trying each stick in each slot clearing CMOS every time. They all work fine and there doesn't seem to be any problems with any of my boards DIMMS. I can even have 3 sticks in and everything is normal. But as soon as I put 4 sticks in then I get the dram light on cold start.

Here's another weird thing. I thought at first it might be because I was running DOCP so I cleared cmos and booted it up. It passed post but when booting into windows I get multiple BSOD errors. With 4 sticks in I can only run the ram at 3600MHz. Anything else I get BSOD. Mainly 0xc0000428. But sometimes also 0xc0000221 & 0xc0000098.

Applying DOCP the only thing I get is the dram light on cold start up. So I really don't know what to point a finger at.

Try bumping the voltage up slightly on your RAM.

Which CPU are you using? If it's an Intel CPU, you might need to reseat your CPU. If it's an AM4 CPU, not sure that would help any.

It's possible that you have different memory kits, IE, the same SKU, but they changed vendors for the actual chips. Kinda sucks, you might need to get another brand new kit, and sell your old kit. Not sure what else to tell you. D: 

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

41 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Try bumping the voltage up slightly on your RAM.

Which CPU are you using? If it's an Intel CPU, you might need to reseat your CPU. If it's an AM4 CPU, not sure that would help any.

It's possible that you have different memory kits, IE, the same SKU, but they changed vendors for the actual chips. Kinda sucks, you might need to get another brand new kit, and sell your old kit. Not sure what else to tell you. D: 

No, that's cool. Thanks for replying. I'm using a Ryzen 5 3600. I mean, it runs fine, I'll just I'll have to reset it every time I shut it down and turn it back on. But that's not a huge problem. When I can afford some different ram kits I'll grab them. For now though as long as it's working I can live with it. I just didn't want it to be anything expensive if you get me? And as far as I can tell it's not, which is a relief.

7 hours ago, Sarra said:

Guaranteed hynix as klevv is a division of hynix much like crucial is a division of micron. Very unlikely that 3600 bin woould not be djr but its definitely possible

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Guaranteed hynix as klevv is a division of hynix much like crucial is a division of micron. Very unlikely that 3600 bin woould not be djr but its definitely possible

Can you test all 4 sticks in a different system at the same time? Or have another set of 4 sticks you can try in that machine? Kinda worried it might be your memory controller. 😧

On 11/7/2022 at 11:44 PM, Sarra said:

Can you test all 4 sticks in a different system at the same time? Or have another set of 4 sticks you can try in that machine? Kinda worried it might be your memory controller. 😧

It did cross my mind that it could be the imc but it boots fine, I just have to turn it on and then immediately reset to get it passed post. Once it's up and running, it's golden.

I'm more inclined to think that this is some kind of bios hiccup on first start up, but I wouldn't know how to test that.

I'll try the sticks in my boys PC a bit later and report back.

3 hours ago, Andy-Aech said:

It did cross my mind that it could be the imc but it boots fine, I just have to turn it on and then immediately reset to get it passed post. Once it's up and running, it's golden.

I'm more inclined to think that this is some kind of bios hiccup on first start up, but I wouldn't know how to test that.

I'll try the sticks in my boys PC a bit later and report back.

The three BSOD error codes you posted have a common theme from results: Corruption.

If you can get the 4 sticks to work in another PC together at the same time, I think it might be worth it to either update your BIOS, or if it's the newest version, re-write it. Re-download it from your manufacturer's website, and flash it fresh.

Beyond that, it could be a hardware problem with your actual board, like a trace that's got a really slight short to the trace next to it or something like that, and once the board heats up a bit, the short stops due to thermal expansion or something similar.

To really figure it out, you'll need to hail Spock and see if he can scan your PC with a tricorder. 😧