Secondary Nvidia GPU Use Case

Kanishk Rathi

Hii everyone,

I have a ASUS RTX 3080 Ti and an old ASUS GTX 960, my motherboard supports dual GPU's. So my question is how and what can I use my secondary GTX 960 for? (Also I am unable to sell it for a good price so I am planning to keep it)

Fold with it https://foldingathome.org/ and join LTT team.

Quote from wikipedia: 

Folding@home (FAH or F@h) is a volunteer computing project aimed to help scientists develop new therapeutics for a variety of diseases by the means of simulating protein dynamics. This includes the process of protein folding and the movements of proteins, and is reliant on simulations run on volunteers' personal computers.[5] Folding@home is currently based at the University of Pennsylvania and led by Greg Bowman, a former student of Vijay Pande.[6]

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home

Build another PC and sell for a markup. Could also be used as streaming PC or multimedia PC

If you found my answer to your post helpful, be sure to react or mark it as solution 😄

45 minutes ago, Kanishk Rathi said:

Hii everyone,

I have a ASUS RTX 3080 Ti and an old ASUS GTX 960, my motherboard supports dual GPU's. So my question is how and what can I use my secondary GTX 960 for? (Also I am unable to sell it for a good price so I am planning to keep it)

36 minutes ago, Dukesilver27- said:

Fold with it https://foldingathome.org/ and join LTT team.

Quote from wikipedia: 

Folding@home (FAH or F@h) is a volunteer computing project aimed to help scientists develop new therapeutics for a variety of diseases by the means of simulating protein dynamics. This includes the process of protein folding and the movements of proteins, and is reliant on simulations run on volunteers' personal computers.[5] Folding@home is currently based at the University of Pennsylvania and led by Greg Bowman, a former student of Vijay Pande.[6]

While it is too late to sign up for Folding event V, you can fold along for fun and to help scientists out. It's a close knit really fun community.