LTT Pride Merch

Gamercave

LGBT Merch  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy pride merch ?

• Yes
    • No

Would be great if LTT produced some Pride merch for pride month next year, this idea for me came from the womens clothing on WAN show as a trans MTF i would very much buy LTT pride merch especially if it supported an LGBT Charity such as Stonewall etc 

as long as it isn't like most "pride" items, where its nothing but a blatant cash grab. which I doubt it would be with LMG, more options is always a + so i'm all for it.

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

I think it's a bit tricky. In general I don't think it's not a bad idea, people will definitely get it, but what is the message behind it.

Is it just selling something because people want it, just like most companies. Or is Linus gonna take a hard stance within the community. I know he himself has no issues with anything and I believe he's very liberal to everyones rights etc.

However he does have a problem in this community, including staff (to be clear, they are unpaid staff). Considering there is transphobia within staff of both the forums and discord, and plenty of other transphobia, homophobia etc within the community, he needs to take a very firm stance on that if wants to go this route. You can't sell pride merch while allowing that kind of behaviour in YOUR (LMG's) community (forums being ran and owned by LMG, and the Discord still officially supported as part of their community)

If he is not willing to take a zero tolerance policy regarding that, he should just stay away from it.

@that_dudebased

33 minutes ago, that_dude said:

Not liking this doesn't mean transphobia. It is just overdone especilly in pridemonth when every day a dozen of times the gay flag are waved infront of you. Very similiar to why the ukrainine flag or z is so annoying.

48 minutes ago, that_dude said:

Not liking this doesn't mean transphobia. It is just overdone especilly in pridemonth when every day a dozen of times the gay flag are waved infront of you. Very similiar to why the ukrainine flag or z is so annoying.

Was that a reaction to what I wrote? If so I'm talking about actual transphobia,

I'd much rather a portion of proceeds of all merch go to a charity than select lines of "friendly"(read bright colours) and maybe some tasteful dedicated lines.  

Putting a rainbow flag on your existing item and donating a dollar per shirt up to $25000 is horse shit 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I would like to see LTT have a consistent charity shirt. One option on the store that goes to a good cause that rotates. All proceeds to X charity type thing. And have a thread like the sponsor section here on the forum for people to vet charities. I think the LTT fans would be all over buying a shirt with some Sarah art if all the money went to various good causes. 

On 11/12/2022 at 9:54 PM, Just that Mario said:

Let a tech company do tech related stuff.

LTT is hardly a tech company though. They work with tech sure, but they are a media company, who's been making a lot of money through selling clothing and other stuff.

As a media company that heavily relies on the community, it makes sense to release products that the community wants.

20 minutes ago, NastyFlytrap said:

Two things:
1: Merch is not media, yea, i know creator warehouse is for merch. Im just being pedantic.
2: 'the community' or 'three forum users' arent the same. They arent """the community""", they a few people. Dont confuse the two. Its really not the same if hundreds of thousands of people want it, or so few people that this post barely took off the ground with comments to begin with, and even then, this thread is almost flatlining in terms of community interest. 

I didn't say merch is media? It was a reply that claimed that LTT is a tech company, which it isn't. As a media company they have very different goals. Merch is a direct reflection of the popularity of the media company though, whereas tech gets sold regardless as to whether the company behaves like assholes or not.

What are you trying to say with point 2? My general statement is that it makes sense for them to release products that the community wants. Is that incorrect?

Also are you trying to say that in the case of pride merch, the interest would be limited to 3 users? What is your argument here exactly?

I have no doubt they can make this very profitable, there is a reason why so many companies do it, because it's easy money. If they were to design say a t-shirt print with something pride, they would definitely make a profit. Remember they make their own shirts, so it's down to just things like design costs - which is inhouse.

My issue with it is, is that companies use it as a quick and easy way to make a bunch of money and get some PR going, when I think that's just bad. So IMO if they want to do this, it needs to be more than just a t-shirt print, that simple.

So to get back to the facts:

1. LTT is a media company. They get more and more money through selling merch.

2. The interest in this merch would be far larger than 3 people, and something like a t-shirt would be cheap to produce.

3. I believe LTT should only do this if they want to put some actual meaning behind it.