Email pop-up ever since I upgraded to Windows 11

Dominik W

So ever since I upgraded my PC and upgraded to Windows 11, I get this pop-up whenever I boot up or wake up from a long sleep period.

Image of Email Pop-up in Windows 11

Clicking "No" only makes the graphic of the pop-up disappear. See the icon in the bottom next to the Microsoft Store? That stays there until you right click, and select close.

Yeah I can put up with it, since it's only at startup and after sleep, but why leave a problem be? It'll make the experience slightly less annoying. Anyone know how to fix this? I suspect it might have to do with adding emails in the Settings app.

Oh and whenever I hover over the icon, it says "FilePicker UI Host".

Thank you for any help.

Edited by Dominik W
Small formating fixes

--Dominik W

(What else do you need, this is just a signature, plus I have them disabled 😅)

Go into your Startup menu and see GMail or mail or any application you're unaware of appears it can safely be turned off. All but windows defender and anything that was put the by you GPU's supplier. 

The worst that's going to happen is that when you open an application listed there will take a few more milliseconds to open.

And the added benefit is that starting will be a little quicker because of all the things that need to run around in the background.

5 minutes ago, Thomas4 said:

Go into your Startup menu and see GMail or mail or any application you're unaware of appears it can safely be turned off. All but windows defender and anything that was put the by you GPU's supplier. 

The worst that's going to happen is that when you open an application listed there will take a few more milliseconds to open.

And the added benefit is that starting will be a little quicker because of all the things that need to run around in the background.

My startup apps are already pretty limited, though I did find something that might be the culprit. I'll see if that was it in a bit.

--Dominik W

Also, open up File Explorer and go through  the 3 Program* Directories and if you see anything you're not sure of do a quick Google search, 90% are names that you will recognize and the other 10% are going to be by the parent company for anything you installed or was pulled in by the application to run. There is that 1 or 2 that you may not be able to find, Here just add "xxx" to the end of the directories name and if an application gives you a message such-and-such file unavailable, find out where the file is supposed to be and remove the .old from the name the "xxx" is important because it makes it easier for you to find.

On 11/3/2022 at 5:52 PM, Thomas4 said:

Also, open up File Explorer and go through  the 3 Program* Directories and if you see anything you're not sure of do a quick Google search, 90% are names that you will recognize and the other 10% are going to be by the parent company for anything you installed or was pulled in by the application to run. There is that 1 or 2 that you may not be able to find, Here just add "xxx" to the end of the directories name and if an application gives you a message such-and-such file unavailable, find out where the file is supposed to be and remove the .old from the name the "xxx" is important because it makes it easier for you to find.

I still have it showing up whenever I restart. Also, if you could rephrase this or clarify it; I'm having difficulty trying to understand what you wrote.

--Dominik W

Under Windows (C:) in File Explorer are these three directories: Program Files, Program Files (x86) and ProgramData, if it was installed there's a trace of it in one or more of these directories.

13 hours ago, Thomas4 said:

Under Windows (C:) in File Explorer are these three directories: Program Files, Program Files (x86) and ProgramData, if it was installed there's a trace of it in one or more of these directories.

So the culprit application might be hiding there? I'll give it a look over.

--Dominik W