My Mouse doesnt work, but its because of the case?

EmanSza

So I run my setup with a Steelseris Sensei 10, and lately I've been having issues with it. my right button doesn't work? I thought at first it was due to wear and tear, I've had it for 3-4 years now and its been my forever mouse. So I decided to open it up since on top of being my favourite mouse, I am also super poor due to me being in college.

So once opened I tested the button itself and it was fine, so then I decided to put the case back on, plugged the top with the buttom and it was still buggy?

Please note the issue at hand is the button itself works, but is very iffy.

I unplugged it, put it back on and it is fine again?

I assume it is either the button not being able to reach the button? Nope because you hear the click every time you press. so maybe its the plug that connects the top board and bottom board? This also is slightly iffy and I am unable to conclude if it is the cause. I will post images down below since I am typing this on my computer.|

What should I do? the technical of the mouse is fine, and I think we can conclude that the issue is wear and tear of the plastic casing that holds onto the button that pressed down on the other button connected to the main board itself?

I can also use the mouse fine without the top case? I am thinking of 3D printing a top case or redoing the button since I have a 3D printer in my dorm room that I own.

39 minutes ago, EmanSza said:

I tested the button itself and it was fine, so then I decided to put the case back on, plugged the top with the buttom and it was still buggy?

when u pushed the button with your finger, you might've pushed it deeper in than what the original stem would've, thus registering a click

so @TrigrH's solution might solve this, albeit turning it slightly mushy potentially, depending on the kind of tape you use

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately