(VBS) Add program to startup folder?

I have a program that after initial setup, will run code everytime a user starts their computer. The code will not initially be a startup program. How can I make VBS code that adds an existing VBS file to startup programs?

The simplest solution is probably just to copy a shortcut file to the startup folder: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

The task scheduler can also do this.

ಠ_ಠ

Am I the only one a bit concerned about the fact that you created two topics, one where you admit to "mostly making joke viruses", where you are getting it to run a different program (one that sounds like trying to execute a payload) and then another one that talks about getting VBS to run on startup

I'm all for learning and creating joke kind of programs, but what you are talking about literally can apply to viruses themselves.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

22 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Am I the only one a bit concerned about the fact that you created two topics, one where you admit to "mostly making joke viruses", where you are getting it to run a different program (one that sounds like trying to execute a payload) and then another one that talks about getting VBS to run on startup

I'm all for learning and creating joke kind of programs, but what you are talking about literally can apply to viruses themselves.

I understand. 🙂 I like messing with tech a lot, especially code. Rest assured, I'm not working on the world's next super virus. This is just some funny VBS stuff, that you can delete/stop at anytime. The code I'm making just opens a bunch of CMD windows at startup. Nothing too serious. 😅

you can also hack the registry, not sure how that works. 

Sudo make me a sandwich