installing new windows tomorrow

takithes

So, atm for years my windows 10 has been setup on my very old ssd, its latest drivers are from 2006 according to windows. I also have 2 other ssd's on my pc with games and other stuff on them. My question is, when i install windows 11 on my other drive(D) tomorrow, will the games setup on the ssd still work normally, or cause errors, because for instance my Riot Games client is on drive C, and like valorant and league are on drive E. Do i need to reinstall all the games against? 

2 minutes ago, takithes said:

Do i need to reinstall all the games against? 

Yes.

There's more to a Windows software installation than just "are all the files in a specific folder". The good news is, you don't necessarily have to re-download all the game files. For example, if you reinstall Steam to a fresh folder, start installing your games again, then quit out of Steam copy your SteamApps directory from the old install to the new one, when you fire Steam back up it will just check to make sure all the files are good, do any other setup it has to, and you're good to go.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, takithes said:

So, atm for years my windows 10 has been setup on my very old ssd, its latest drivers are from 2006 according to windows. I also have 2 other ssd's on my pc with games and other stuff on them. My question is, when i install windows 11 on my other drive(D) tomorrow, will the games setup on the ssd still work normally, or cause errors, because for instance my Riot Games client is on drive C, and like valorant and league are on drive E. Do i need to reinstall all the games against? 

In my expirience you will need to reinstall them. I had ssd 256GB for system and programs, and 1TB ssd for games, and every time i reinstall windows 10 i needed to reinstall all the games as well, meaby there is a way to use them again without reinstalling but i didnt find how. But for newer windows 11 i dont think it will work.