Fractal Design Ion+ 760P + 3080 Strix 12GB?

Heya, with all the stuff about power spikes and whatnot, I'm unsure if my PSU is enough for the ASUS Strix 3080 12GB. It does have a recommended wattage of 850W, but I've heard people getting away with 750W PSUs with their 3080s and even 3090s apparently. The Ion+ 760P is a platinum 760W PSU, so it's high quality, but I am unsure who actually makes Fractal's PSUs. Are they in house or do they have another company make them for them? I've heard with Seasonic units, for example, even with their higher quality ones, you'd still need to use all 3 PCIe connectors for something like the ASUS Strix since they "cheaped out" on their power delivery system or something when it comes to that (I'm not super knowledgeable about PSUs, I just tend to somewhat know what to look for). So I'm wondering if I can get away with just the two cables and one of the extra 8-pin connectors that hangs off of them or if I'd need to use an entire extra cable? 

If you have the ability to, use the extra cable. Its annoying to cable manage and such i understand, but for me i will do that instead of dealing with the issues it can have.

Well the test will be to do 3d Mark or w/e games you play and leave it running, if it shuts the PC down a few times, get a new PSU.

34 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

If you have the ability to, use the extra cable. Its annoying to cable manage and such i understand, but for me i will do that instead of dealing with the issues it can have.

Well the test will be to do 3d Mark or w/e games you play and leave it running, if it shuts the PC down a few times, get a new PSU.

I'll have to check the box to see if it has another one, but I'm pretty sure it had like 4 altogether or something like that. 

And alright.