Rtx 3070 or RX 6800

bensinspade

It's time to replace my old gtx 1070 with a new gpu and I've been having my eyes on a RTX 3070 tuf, others have been recommending the TX 6800, which one is better in performance and ray-tracing? Some say the rx is better, always had GeForce gpus, but has the time come for a change perhaps? 馃槉

Assuming they cost around the same the RX 6800 is closer to RTX 3080 in performance. In Ray Tracing it's about the same as RTX 3070... really depends on game and the RT implementation.

6 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Assuming they cost around the same the RX 6800 is closer to RTX 3080 in performance. In Ray Tracing it's about the same as RTX 3070... really depends on game and the RT implementation.

Cyberpunk, far cry 6, bf2042聽

6 minutes ago, bensinspade said:

Cyberpunk, far cry 6, bf2042聽

From Hardware Unboxed review RX 6800 vs RTX 3070ti (which is roughly 15% better than RTX 3070), the 3070ti is on avg about 5% slower. To the left how much slower the 3070ti is to the right how much faster it is in those games. Pick based on what you play.

They don't have 1080p for this comparison but at 1080p the RX 6800 will again be a tiny bit faster on avg since it benefit's more from it's big cache.

This is from 1month old comparison so the performance in those games will be almost precise representation of what you can expect.

image.thumb.png.befacce9d24785493c890e36674d944e.png

They do have RX 6800 vs RTX 3070 but that's a 1 year old video so the performance in those games may have changed a lot with updates and drivers:

I cant speak for the 6800 but I used to have a 3070 and played those games you mentioned.聽

Its will support them all and run well but forget about having high/ultra settings on CP2077. Even my 3080 can't run its at high settings. Very demanding game on CPU

1 hour ago, irishbeast said:

I cant speak for the 6800 but I used to have a 3070 and played those games you mentioned.聽

Its will support them all and run well but forget about having high/ultra settings on CP2077. Even my 3080 can't run its at high settings. Very demanding game on CPU

Did you have RT on or off when cp2077 was played?聽