Need help building a budget gaming PC

messy
Go to solution Solved by 8tg,

Optiplex 9020 MT + psu upgrade and adapter cable + any ok used gpu 

Anything intel 1st/2nd Gen i series or newer is still capable of roblox or other less demanding games without issue.

Budget (including currency): £300 (Pound Sterling)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (Roblox)

Other details Can prob scrounge a monitor for free so budget is entirely for PC (If there's enough left over for a cheap RGB keyboard that'd be great but not essential)

Hello,

A friend has asked me to build their 10 year-old a PC for xmas with a budget of just £300 😕

They want it for gaming and only mentioned Roblox but obviously I want to be able to give them the best system I can.

I've started browsing through ebay for old second hand desktops but I am not confident about how old a CPU can be and still be viable.  I can see lots of intel chips around 3rd and 4th gen - is that too crap? If so what kind of generation should I be looking for?

I was thinking of budgeting about £100 for the GPU, maybe a RX 580 or something.

Thanks in advance!

Anything intel 1st/2nd Gen i series or newer is still capable of roblox or other less demanding games without issue.

9 minutes ago, 8tg said:

aah thats mint cheers!