Building a pc but freaking out, in Dire need of help

superfantastic

I am building a pc but im even more scared doing so than I thought. The motherboard came with the cpu and cpu Cooler installed. Now im trying to place it but not sure if I do it right. I will add a picture 

Is this lined up correctly guys? Can i proceed with the screws?

20221022_133628.jpg

37 minutes ago, superfantastic said:

Is this lined up correctly guys? Can i proceed with the screws?

It looks lined up correctly, and if you made sure no metal pieces from the I/O shield are sticking into a USB port or anything, you should be good to go with screwing it in

6 minutes ago, superfantastic said:

Is this pcie cable ok? Is it missing something in one of the holes?

That's normal 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

20 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

It looks lined up correctly, and if you made sure no metal pieces from the I/O shield are sticking into a USB port or anything, you should be good to go with screwing it in

That's normal 

Thanks man. I tested it with a usb and I think I have the motherboard installed correctly. Psu is in there as well but cant fit the pcie cable through the hole to hide the cables on the backside of the board. Now im trying to install the hdd but the case doesnt seem to Come with a support bracket... unless im missing something it comes with "radiator brackets" and some screws but the screw holes on the hdd dont line up with it so

20221022_143448.jpg

14 minutes ago, superfantastic said:

Thanks man. I tested it with a usb and I think I have the motherboard installed correctly. Psu is in there as well but cant fit the pcie cable through the hole to hide the cables on the backside of the board. Now im trying to install the hdd but the case doesnt seem to Come with a support bracket... unless im missing something it comes with "radiator brackets" and some screws but the screw holes on the hdd dont line up with it so

20221022_143448.jpg

Your case should come with screws that you can use on the bottom of the HDD, you can then slot it vertically in one of those screw holes in the back plate.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

So now I need to plug in the fans from the case. But the cables have 2 ends. Which one do I plug in? Also there are 4 pins on the motherboard, but 3 holes in the fan cables. Incompatible?

20221022_152012.jpg

20221022_151955.jpg

20221022_151947.jpg

1 hour ago, solado said:

Your case should come with screws that you can use on the bottom of the HDD, you can then slot it vertically in one of those screw holes in the back plate.

Well, you are right! But it seems that i cant fit the cable then, since the case is in the way. Upside down would fix that, but the hdd doesnt fit that way. I guess i will Just need to buy a support bracket

Okay so I think I have everything installed and plugged in correctly...

If I didnt and I try to power it on, can I damage anything?

20221022_163055.jpg

19 minutes ago, superfantastic said:

Okay so I think I have everything installed and plugged in correctly...

If I didnt and I try to power it on, can I damage anything?

Looks good from the picture.

Give it a try.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

2 minutes ago, solado said:

Looks good from the picture.

Give it a try.

Oh man it actually boots! typing from the pc right now. But I still have more questions, like my headset not connecting to the usb-c dongel and some questions about hwinfo readings. But I will make a new thread for that.

5 hours ago, superfantastic said:

still have more questions, like my headset not connecting to the usb-c dongel and some questions about hwinfo readings. But I will make a new thread for that

For devices that you can't make work, make sure to head to the motherboard manufacturer's website for the board to download drivers. Best drivers to get are USB, LAN, and audio

I also just noticed that your ram is in the "wrong" slots, but if they are running properly at their rated speed there is no reason to change them

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

For devices that you can't make work, make sure to head to the motherboard manufacturer's website for the board to download drivers. Best drivers to get are USB, LAN, and audio

I also just noticed that your ram is in the "wrong" slots, but if they are running properly at their rated speed there is no reason to change them

Yeah I made another post about that. I didnt get xmp to work, but switching ram to A2 and B2 fixed that issue