My Opinions On Bitfenix Survivor (negative)

My opinions on the Survivor Core White (red led).

The Features:

I think that the Survivor is great in features, but not excellent. It has a fairly useless handle that is loose but works, very good dust filters that are a pain to remove, and good led controls that sadly do not work on non Bitfenix fans.

The Quality:

Not great. Its a small chassis of steel, layered with rubbery "Softouch" plastic. Its true that the plastic on the case is better felling than the brushed aluminium on the 750D (and probably other Obsidian cases), but in my opinion, its worse than the plastic on an Air 540 or a Raven 01/02/03/04,,, (I have seen felt the plastic on both). The steel behind the mobo was bent and I had to use cardboard pieces to even out the standoffs. The PCIE slots on the back were bent and I had someone help me install video cards by pushing on the steel enough for the screw to fit. The side panels (held by flawed, bent plastic) were a massive pain to put on as the necessary plastic was bent into the wrong position and needed to be pushed with moderate force to even slightly align the screw holes. The case is otherwise made of fairly thick steel as an inner frame and the side panels are not very flexible.

The Airflow, Cooling, Fans, and Related Stuff:

Average. The intake is on top for me because of the insanely quiet top fan (200mm) and outflow was on the back with my H60. The dual 120mm fans on front were almost useless as they blew air right at a slab of metal that held the semi modular HDD/SSD trays. The lack of dust filters on the top fan that is by default intake is not good. The dust filters that were there were screwed in so they needed tools to remove.

The Pros:

Good looks, decent room for big video cards, and near silent built in fans.

The Cons:

A lot of plastic, flawed essential parts, little modularity, and not as tool-less as people say.

Note:
When purchased at NCIX in October 2013, it was specified to have a blue led/led fan and included front fans.

MSRP: 110 CAD

Purchased New: 50 CAD 

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

The Font:

Way too small.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The Font:

Way too small.

The Font:

Is this better? (I fixed it)

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

You must have got a bad one lol.  I'm surprised you didn't complain about how hard the top and bottom panels were to get off that was a major pain

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/