Can't enable resizable bar in bios.

Origami Cactus
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
14 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

No idea about the bottom 2, how would I even start updating the GPU vbios? the msi one doesn't seem to have a dual vbios, so i definitely don't want to mess with it if I don't have to.

MSI has a page for it. Referring to TechPowerUp, that vBIOS is one of the first versions for the Ventus 3X so you will need the BIOS update.

https://www.msi.com/blog/improve-performance-with-resizable-bar-now-available-for-msi-geforce-rtx-30-series-graphics-cards

Specs: MSI ventus rtx 3090, r7 5800x3D, Asus Strix x470i.

I enabled it in bios, it is for sure "enabled". But in bios gpu-z gives me this:

image.png.fbdf0f0dc2efd1bd5d0d68026748a6b7.png

I have a fairly recent bios from about when the r7 5800x3d launched, so about a july one, don't really want to update it, as currently I have a negative voltage offset applied to the cpu right in the bios, and that functionality probably has been removed from a newer bios version, with the 5800x3d being "voltage locked" and all.

So is there anything I can do to enable the resizable BAR? Maybe something in windows is messed up?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

as currently I have a negative voltage offset applied to the cpu right in the bios, and that functionality probably has been removed from a newer bios version, with the 5800x3d being "voltage locked" and all.

Nope, AMD only locked the multiplier in an effort to prevent people from overvolting the CPUs, but VRM control is strictly in the hands of the motherboard manufacturers. 

Just to make sure, does your card have the vBIOS necessary to have ReBAR enabled (early cards do not, figured I might as well check), and is CSM disabled the the BIOS? 

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

Just to make sure, does your card have the vBIOS necessary to have ReBAR enabled (early cards do not, figured I might as well check), and is CSM disabled the the BIOS? 

No idea about the bottom 2, how would I even start updating the GPU vbios? the msi one doesn't seem to have a dual vbios, so i definitely don't want to mess with it if I don't have to.

14 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

MSI has a page for it. Referring to TechPowerUp, that vBIOS is one of the first versions for the Ventus 3X so you will need the BIOS update.

https://www.msi.com/blog/improve-performance-with-resizable-bar-now-available-for-msi-geforce-rtx-30-series-graphics-cards

@GuiltySpark_ @RONOTHAN## Thanks guys! yeah it is enabled in mobo BIOS, but turns out I need to update the Vbios too, so I'll get on to doing that

soon

UPDATE:

image.png.3fff0f160fc3aab1b23b1c1ca30f301c.png