Alienware M15 R7 | No Display | power button blinking red and blue | Brand new replacement unit

I got a brand new laptop (M15 R7) delivered as replacement to the faulty system day before yesterday.

Today, I opened the laptop for the first time. After the initial windows 11 Setup. I have not even used more than half an hour. All of a sudden, the laptop powered off and power button started blinking red and blue.

After that, when I powered on the laptop, no display, but all lights turns on, even looks like it boots up as I hear some type of windows 11 sound after sometime maybe it reached lockscreen. I'm not sure as I have been using windows 10 till now. but power button keeps on blinking as mentioned below

First it was 1 long red and 4 short blue. I just took a break and came back and again tried to powered on. Now it is blinking 2 short red and 7 short blue.

17 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Doa system send it back.

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't changed anything and even yet to check windows updates. I haven't used even for half an hour after initial windows 11 setup. 

But, Is it possible to consider this as DOA as it worked while setting up windows initial setup screen?? 

Edit: Just to be clear, replacement unit is brand new.. not the faulty one (which is 2 years old laptop)

Just now, LogicalThinker said:

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't changed anything and even yet to check windows updates. I haven't used even for half an hour after initial windows 11 setup. 

But, Is it possible to consider this as DOA as it worked while setting up windows initial setup screen?? 

Yeah just say it turned on for a little bit, shut off and then started blinking the power button.

Thats all don't say more. Tell them the blinking codes if they ask but keep it simple. Don't mention what you've tried to do to fix it thats all on them to figure out.

You got sent a defective unit they need to fix it.

27 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yeah just say it turned on for a little bit, shut off and then started blinking the power button.

Thats all don't say more. Tell them the blinking codes if they ask but keep it simple. Don't mention what you've tried to do to fix it thats all on them to figure out.

You got sent a defective unit they need to fix it.

thanks alot. Is there any other suggestions?

Like if they tell that they need to send a technician to fix this.

Or may ask me to try some thing (guide me)

I'm worried, as this is brand new and a replacement for my faulty unit ( 2 yr old laptop)  for which I have already spent more than three months to get to this point. 

23 minutes ago, LogicalThinker said:

thanks alot. Is there any other suggestions?

Like if they tell that they need to send a technician to fix this.

Or may ask me to try some thing (guide me)

I'm worried, as this is brand new and a replacement for my faulty unit ( 2 yr old laptop)  for which I have already spent more than three months to get to this point. 

if they send a tech or ask you to take steps do so. But sadly this is a defective unit on arrival and this needs to be fixed. See it like this: either you wait some more and eventually get a working device or you don't wait and don't have a functioning laptop.

It sucks but this happens.

17 hours ago, jaslion said:

if they send a tech or ask you to take steps do so. But sadly this is a defective unit on arrival and this needs to be fixed. See it like this: either you wait some more and eventually get a working device or you don't wait and don't have a functioning laptop.

It sucks but this happens.

After remote diagnose, technical support person told me that the LCD panel and display cable needs to be replaced.

I found that the repair may affect alien head on the lid, LCD panel and the hinges.

Also the replacement display might have other issues and technician might damage other components.

FYI, I had only one issue on my previous faulty system that the start menu popping on different key press and after remote diagnose, they started repair by replacing keyboard. I got this replacement unit as the motherboard got damaged by the first technician while replacing keyboard and also resulted in 5-6 more issues and three onsite services. You can check my previous post for more details

More importantly, one of the issues which I got after technician fault is alien head on the lid stopped working. They told me that display panel needs to be replaced.

So, It's the same thing to do with this unit

One is because of technician fault and another is DOA.

I don't think it is worth repairing this unit as after spending three months on last service on previous unit.

If you think the same. Asking for another replacement unit is good or any other best options. Is it possible to get the money back if not replacement?

What's your thought on this.

21 minutes ago, LogicalThinker said:

found that the repair may affect alien head on the lid, LCD panel and the hinges.

Also the replacement display might have other issues and technician might damage other components.

Not acceptable.

Demand money back as they have repeaditly failed you and left you with a defective device only returning a worse device in the process. If they refuse see if you have any legal ground to stand on or demand another NEW replacement and then immediatly sell it on getting a different laptop as dell laptop quality is garbage these days.

On 10/13/2022 at 3:16 AM, LogicalThinker said:

Yep. It happens rarely, but there's a chance.

I experience once where a Dell laptop was working fine for 20 minutes than shut down completely unexpectedly. That unit is a little worse because it totally refuse to power up without any LED indicator or beep sound. Tearing out the back cover and I saw one of the power chip burnt (a little bulged and tiny hole with a few visible cracks). The adapter works fine and can power other laptop without destroying it or itself (maybe that laptop was extremely unlucky to have his power chip faulty).

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

On 10/13/2022 at 9:58 AM, LogicalThinker said:

FYI, I had only one issue on my previous faulty system that the start menu popping on different key press and after remote diagnose, they started repair by replacing keyboard. I got this replacement unit as the motherboard got damaged by the first technician while replacing keyboard and also resulted in 5-6 more issues and three onsite services. You can check my previous post for more details

I've had similar experiences with alienware and their repairs. My laptop was overheating horribly, and a remote diagnostic from their support said that I needed a mobo replacement. I was just going to repaste but I didn't want to risk losing warranty and the ability to get it RMA'd.

I got my motherboard fixed, same issue but worse. The keyboard started to burn my fingers after 10-15 minutes of use and performance went to shit.

At least the repair was free... lesson learned with alienware lol

Wishing you luck on the repair/rma process, it can be a pain in the ass