Is it easy to paint basswood? (guitar)

Trail Mixorz

I'm buying a guitar that's cheap because no one is buying that color, so I want to buy it and repaint it. It's made of basswood. How easy would it be to sand the paint off and paint the body?

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

It's easy, but it's time consuming (unless that's your definition of hard).

You have to sand just enough to not deform the wood for the best result. I haven't actually painted my guitars before, but I would think you could just sand off the clear coat, put a base coat down, then add your preferred color, then some clear coat.

I'm assuming it's a Strat?

It's easy, but it's time consuming (unless that's your definition of hard).

You have to sand just enough to not deform the wood for the best result. I haven't actually painted my guitars before, but I would think you could just sand off the clear coat, put a base coat down, then add your preferred color, then some clear coat.

I'm assuming it's a Strat?

No it's actually a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser, brand new at a local shop for only $450. Can't let that pass up just because it's some silver burst haha

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

No it's actually a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser, brand new at a local shop for only $450. Can't let that pass up just because it's some silver burst haha

Dude nice. So you play metal?

Dude nice. So you play metal?

Hell yeah! \m/

I was actually looking for a 7 string and when I found this for that price, it must be a sign! haha

Hell yeah! \m/

I was actually looking for a 7 string and when I found this for that price, it must be a sign! haha

Yeah that's a killer deal, especially if it's in good shape. I wish I found a good 7-string for that cheap, haha.

Yeah that's a killer deal, especially if it's in good shape. I wish I found a good 7-string for that cheap, haha.

Well theres a schecter being sold at guitar center on sale this month for like $150 you should definitely look into that and throw some new pups in there make it scream

Well theres a schecter being sold at guitar center on sale this month for like $150 you should definitely look into that and throw some new pups in there make it scream

I need to get me a good clean sounding ESP or a Fender first before I get a 7-string. Thanks for the heads-up though!

Yarrrr,

Ah me mandolin, she be painted red in the years of plunder.

Easy it be, when ye have no mercy.

ay thanks for ye info matey