Connecting new fans to motherboard

Kanna

Hello, I have just found 2 A-RGB 120mm fans and I'm wondering what would be needed to hook both up to my motherboard gigabyte aorus x570 elite. I have 2 fans connected atm excluding the CPU fan. And one of the connected ones are a fan hub for my now discontinued A-RGB fan which uses proprietary plugs (looks similar to corsair)

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

19 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Hello, I have just found 2 A-RGB 120mm fans and I'm wondering what would be needed to hook both up to my motherboard gigabyte aorus x570 elite. I have 2 fans connected atm excluding the CPU fan. And one of the connected ones are a fan hub for my now discontinued A-RGB fan which uses proprietary plugs (looks similar to corsair)

Get splitters (one for fan headers one for RGB) to plug both into 1 fan header and 1 RGB header, there's many fan headers on a X570 Elite, and a couple RGB ones

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

37 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Get splitters (one for fan headers one for RGB) to plug both into 1 fan header and 1 RGB header, there's many fan headers on a X570 Elite, and a couple RGB ones

Thank you for the answer, was looking at something like that, I'm assuming then my old current A-RGB hub goes into the splitter too (so I have space for connection)

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

8 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Thank you for the answer, was looking at something like that, I'm assuming then my old current A-RGB hub goes into the splitter too (so I have space for connection)

If you only has a pair of fans a splitter is ok, now if you have 4+ rather get a fan hub

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Just now, PDifolco said:

If you only has a pair of fans a splitter is ok, now if you have 4+ rather get a fan hub

I will tell my setup a little more detailed and maybe you can decide what's best. I'm currently running 2 case fans, one of them is a better model and is non RGB and sits in the back, and in the front I have this A-RGB fan that is connected to it's own fan hub which uses the A-RGB port and a fan port on the motherboard, in this scenario I want 2 more A-RGB fans of different brand since this one is discontinued, what stuff should I get, is splitters enough or would you advice I maybe save for a whole new set of fans?

Reminder⚠️

51 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I will tell my setup a little more detailed and maybe you can decide what's best. I'm currently running 2 case fans, one of them is a better model and is non RGB and sits in the back, and in the front I have this A-RGB fan that is connected to it's own fan hub which uses the A-RGB port and a fan port on the motherboard, in this scenario I want 2 more A-RGB fans of different brand since this one is discontinued, what stuff should I get, is splitters enough or would you advice I maybe save for a whole new set of fans?

Mmm, where do you want to put the new fans ? Top ?

Simpletest solution should be to use a fan hub to rule them all 🙂 , a 6 port one costs like $10 (but don't do RGB)

Then either use splitters for RGB or a RGB hub ($20)

25 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Mmm, where do you want to put the new fans ? Top ?

Simpletest solution should be to use a fan hub to rule them all 🙂 , a 6 port one costs like $10 (but don't do RGB)

Then either use splitters for RGB or a RGB hub ($20)

I want to put them in the front, but reading this I might just save for a new entire set of fans to avoid having a lot of hubs in my case

Reminder⚠️

20 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I want to put them in the front, but reading this I might just save for a new entire set of fans to avoid having a lot of hubs in my case

Beware most sets still require plugging every single fan !

Exceptions are daisy chainable like Arctic PST (and maybe some others), with the best setup being the new LianLi that just clip together and require only plugging the last one 🙂

51 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Beware most sets still require plugging every single fan !

Exceptions are daisy chainable like Arctic PST (and maybe some others), with the best setup being the new LianLi that just clip together and require only plugging the last one 🙂

I thought sets just made you hook it up to the fan hub no? the fan hub only uses one plug to my knowledge

Reminder⚠️

9 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I thought sets just made you hook it up to the fan hub no? the fan hub only uses one plug to my knowledge

No, most sets are just a box of X fans and that's all

31 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

No, most sets are just a box of X fans and that's all

Oh most sets I find for sale are bundles with a controller, rarely see sets without controller on the site I'm on

Corsair LL Series LL120 RGB Svart 3-pack med kontroller

Reminder⚠️