I did a noob but I'm not shure what I did.

So this is the process in witch i took to fix the issue.

Bought 2 more sticks of 2x8gb from gskill ages line.. to add to my already existing 2x8gb so I could run 4x8gb.. but when I installed the pc would no longer boot. So I removed the cards but forgot witch where the originals. Also I can't access the boot menu and the keyboard won't power. 

I'm running 

Asrock B450m micro pro

Amd ryzen 5 1600 6cores

Zodec gaming GeForce 3050

And I'm trying to install

4x8gb ram sticks by gskill aegis ddr4

Though if I could get help figuring out witch 2 out of the 4 sticks where the original that would help. 

I can't get to the bios menu, because it doesn't boot that far... and the keyboard isn't working.. 

Any suggestions?
 I figured out witch set of sticks where the original from the serial numbers. 

the went through a process to fix the issue

1 unplugged and removed all keyboards, mice, monitors 
2 unplugged the grafics card ro get to cmos
3 checked the ram cards to meet shure they are all the way in and installed properly 
4 checked all internal wires to meet shure non of them got bumped
5 removed cmos and went and took 30 min shower
6 cam back and put cmos back in
7 reassembled everything 
8 double checked the wires on bord for bumping
9 plugged the computer back into power, monitor and my keyboard
10 powered the system up
11 wait 5min

And nothing its still trying to boot for about 30 sec, then turning off. 

Any other suggestions, things to cheak
Or possible fixes.. I can't get to the bios.. and there's no windows screen to speek of.. ? Please help. This pc was expensive.

List of all parts
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZLjN9r

Ok, so.. if fixed the issue, i think. 

So first I went back to the original ram, without the upgrades

Second I swaped out the motherboard. With a spare that I was planing on giving to my brother. 

And thired (and yes it did boot this time) I set the ram voltage to 1.35 instead of the default 1.2 after witch it finally booted to the windows login screen. Not shure what I did to fix? Both boards where just fine. This morning? 

Any idea how I fxxxed up so bad? And what i could do to prevent this issue in the future? 

1 minute ago, SirCreeperTon2014 said:

Any idea how I fxxxed up so bad?

Mixed RAM kits that didn't like each other. Different speeds are iffy, if the motherboard tries to apply XMP (called DOCP on Ryzen but same thing) then it will run into issues. Apparently if the RAM sticks themselves use different ICs (the individual chips on the sticks) they can refuse to play nice as well. 

3 minutes ago, SirCreeperTon2014 said:

And what i could do to prevent this issue in the future? 

Avoid mixing ram unless you're running all auto settings and let the motherboard think for a bit on first boot (it may power cycle itself) to figure out the timings/subtimings. Also, if you reset the CMOS on your original board, it will probably work or at least boot to BIOS, as it'll default to auto settings. 

I set the ram voltage to 1.35 instead of the default 1.2 after witch it finally booted to the windows login screen. Not shure what I did to fix? Both boards where just fine. This morning? 

The voltage probably fixed it. If one of the kits could almost run as fast as the other (either on speed or timings), but not quite, adding a bit more voltage could have let it do that, and that's why it booted. Could still be unstable, if you have a USB stick I'd load up Memtest86 and run a test to ensure the RAM is stable. Can cause funky/random BSODs and some other stability issues if it's slightly unstable. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

The ram cards are labeled 1.35... and all 4 where from the same provider. Gskill aegis ddr4 2x8gb, though I did buy them separately.. I will definitely run a memtest like u said, just to be safe. Also, do u think the original board still works? Cant try and run it till I get another processor. So if I want 32gb I would have to buy it as a set like 2x16gb or 4x8gb? Also.. I'm now getting a windows is getting ready screen when I shut down, that last abnormal long? How to fix?

14 minutes ago, Zando_ said:

Mixed RAM kits that didn't like each other. Different speeds are iffy, if the motherboard tries to apply XMP (called DOCP on Ryzen but same thing) then it will run into issues. Apparently if the RAM sticks themselves use different ICs (the individual chips on the sticks) they can refuse to play nice as well. 

Avoid mixing ram unless you're running all auto settings and let the motherboard think for a bit on first boot (it may power cycle itself) to figure out the timings/subtimings. Also, if you reset the CMOS on your original board, it will probably work or at least boot to BIOS, as it'll default to auto settings. 

The voltage probably fixed it. If one of the kits could almost run as fast as the other (either on speed or timings), but not quite, adding a bit more voltage could have let it do that, and that's why it booted. Could still be unstable, if you have a USB stick I'd load up Memtest86 and run a test to ensure the RAM is stable. Can cause funky/random BSODs and some other stability issues if it's slightly unstable. 

The ram cards are labeled 1.35... and all 4 where from the same provider. Gskill aegis ddr4 2x8gb, though I did buy them separately.. I will definitely run a memtest like u said, just to be safe. Also, do u think the original board still works? Cant try and run it till I get another processor. So if I want 32gb I would have to buy it as a set like 2x16gb or 4x8gb? Also.. I'm now getting a windows is getting ready screen when I shut down, that last abnormal long? How to fix?

Just now, SirCreeperTon2014 said:

and all 4 where from the same provider.

G.Skill doesn't make ICs, so they'll buy them from Samsung, Micron, and I think SK Hynix makes RAM ICs as well. Buying from them doesn't guarantee the same RAM chips or compatibility with a non-matched kit, they usually use whatever is available and runs the spec for that RAM kit properly. Top end RAM kits are binned and they usually tell you what they are, for some stuff you can make a good guess (most 3200Mhz CL14 kits are going to be Samsung b-die because it does that well AFAIK) but its sorta the wild west. 

Also, do u think the original board still works?

Should, don't see how RAM trying the wrong settings would kill a motherboard. 

So if I want 32gb I would have to buy it as a set like 2x16gb or 4x8gb?

Pretty much, safest way to go about it. I'm not super knowledgeable on RAM, I think there's some ways to be sure you're getting the same RAM again when buying separate kits but I don't know those off the top of my head. I've ran unmatched sets a few times, manually set the speed and voltage a little higher than spec, let the motherboard sort the timings. That was back on DDR3 tho. 

6 minutes ago, SirCreeperTon2014 said:

Also.. I'm now getting a windows is getting ready screen when I shut down, that last abnormal long? How to fix?

I've never run into that, wouldn't know. I'd be sure the RAM isn't still being a problem, if you confirm it's stable and Windows still does that, then it's probably worth some further troubleshooting. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

29 minutes ago, Zando_ said:

can I get the like to that mem test86 software u where talking about?

1 minute ago, SirCreeperTon2014 said:

can I get the like to that mem test86 software u where talking about?

Yep! https://www.memtest86.com/memtest86.html should have a free version you can use, loads up on a USB drive and then you boot off that to run the testing. 

Main PC 

I set the ram back to auto... in ufei... seting and it fixed my issue. Which the getting windows ready do not rest taking forever to shut down my pc. Seting them to 1.35.. forced it work, not shure if that fixed the issue or not? Before I couldn't even get to the bios menu.. so better than nothing thanx. 

33 minutes ago, SirCreeperTon2014 said:

I set the ram back to auto... in ufei... seting and it fixed my issue. Which the getting windows ready do not rest taking forever to shut down my pc. Seting them to 1.35.. forced it work, not shure if that fixed the issue or not? Before I couldn't even get to the bios menu.. so better than nothing thanx. 

First gen ryzen is super super picky with ram and 4 sticks is either running at 2133mhz with forced settings, not working at all or getting super lucky and being able to run them a little faster.

• 5 weeks later...

I fixed by switching out the motherboard board. And using old cards. Now the big question is was the motherboard burnt up, from switching out the cards or did I break bios. When I inserted new cards. Turns out I was supposed to Uninstaller updates before change or upgrading cards. And the bord has bios pins that u use to restore the bios instead of removing the cmos battery. But the cap, wasn't included that u would use for restore ing it to factory settings so mabey leaving out with the cmos removed for a while might help. Don't know but my pc is running. 

yup, 1.2v is too low for anything but lowest default clocks... most RAM will run at 1.35v when XMP is used or a light OC 

Glad it seems to be fixed though,  and the take away is don't mix RAM kits unless you understand it will likely require lots of tinkering and might not work at all. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 10/6/2022 at 1:24 AM, SirCreeperTon2014 said:

So this is the process in witch i took to fix the issue.

Bought 2 more sticks of 2x8gb from gskill ages line.. to add to my already existing 2x8gb so I could run 4x8gb.. but when I installed the pc would no longer boot. So I removed the cards but forgot witch where the originals. Also I can't access the boot menu and the keyboard won't power. 

I'm running 

Asrock B450m micro pro

Amd ryzen 5 1600 6cores

Zodec gaming GeForce 3050

And I'm trying to install

4x8gb ram sticks by gskill aegis ddr4

Though if I could get help figuring out witch 2 out of the 4 sticks where the original that would help. 

I can't get to the bios menu, because it doesn't boot that far... and the keyboard isn't working.. 

Any suggestions?
 I figured out witch set of sticks where the original from the serial numbers. 

the went through a process to fix the issue

1 unplugged and removed all keyboards, mice, monitors 
2 unplugged the grafics card ro get to cmos
3 checked the ram cards to meet shure they are all the way in and installed properly 
4 checked all internal wires to meet shure non of them got bumped
5 removed cmos and went and took 30 min shower
6 cam back and put cmos back in
7 reassembled everything 
8 double checked the wires on bord for bumping
9 plugged the computer back into power, monitor and my keyboard
10 powered the system up
11 wait 5min

And nothing its still trying to boot for about 30 sec, then turning off. 

Any other suggestions, things to cheak
Or possible fixes.. I can't get to the bios.. and there's no windows screen to speek of.. ? Please help. This pc was expensive.

List of all parts
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZLjN9r

Ok, so.. if fixed the issue, i think. 

So first I went back to the original ram, without the upgrades

Second I swaped out the motherboard. With a spare that I was planing on giving to my brother. 

And thired (and yes it did boot this time) I set the ram voltage to 1.35 instead of the default 1.2 after witch it finally booted to the windows login screen. Not shure what I did to fix? Both boards where just fine. This morning? 

Any idea how I fxxxed up so bad? And what i could do to prevent this issue in the future? 

I would definitely make sure your ram is actually still all the way stuck in place, it depend sometimes, it can be hard to make them actually stuck in there right at times. Like, press that shit, unless you already know what you're doing, I'm just saying... That was the only thing I could think of, because that happened to me, my ram I switched around just recently and it wouldn't boot up, turns out they weren't actually stuck in there all the way.