Trouble with Raspberry Pi VM

I'm trying to make a raspberry Pi VM following this guide here but I'm having trouble getting it to be a successful installation .
With the 4 or 5 times I have attempted this it is saying it is a fatal error with the GRUB boot loader. I don't know what to do or what I'm doing so any help is appreciated thanks

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.342c1e6227f4392d03a9fc7ba71ddad4.png

/dev/sda is the hard drive you're installing to. As this is a virtual machine, this means it's a virtual hard drive.

If you look in the settings for the virtual machine, you should be able to find some information about the virtual hard drive it's using. If you can find that, a screenshot of that would be very helpful.

This is what I've got from the virtual machine settings :

Spoiler

image.png.57c6f6146d75e897a37e6b2202cef7ea.png

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Ok, I tried it out myself - It seems the VM is being wrongly detected as EFI enabled.

There's an easy fix - Enable EFI! Try heading to Settings>System>Motherboard for your VM, and there should be an option to enable EFI.

If you run into further issues, there are two likely causes - virtual drive is too small for EFI (12-16 GB will work well), or you've set up for a 64 bit OS, but are installing a 32 bit os. Either way, the quick solution is to start a new VM, but don't forget to set EFI on again.