Dual Monitor setup issue

Hello,

I've been trying to setup dual monitor for my pc.

I've got a 2k monitor for gaming etc. and i've got 720p old monitor for discord, whatsapp web etc.

I didn't want to use external gpu for that so i've plugged old monitor to motherboard hdmi. (iGPU enabled in bios, iGPU multi monitor enabled in bios.)

I don't want to use external gpu like desktop windows manager, chrome, explorer.exe etc. So I've chosen iGPU for that programs. But it didn't work out. Everything still using eGPU instead of iGPU.

2nd monitor working properly and plugged into motherboard. I really don't get it how it's even possible. 

Could you help me for that

Best regards

*Screenshots in .jxr format due to HDR.

**My language is Turkish but everything showing properly i hope.

Desktop Screenshot 2022.10.03 - 19.38.21.55.jxr

Desktop Screenshot 2022.10.03 - 19.38.30.63.jxr

Desktop Screenshot 2022.10.03 - 19.38.37.25.jxr

I'm not super familiar with this particular issue, though I do know that once a dedicated GPU is installed the iGPU in desktops is usually disabled, I honestly don't know if it's even possible to use both at the same time for different monitors, and if it's even possible as there is no reason to not just have both monitors plugged into the dedicated GPU. I would honestly just plug the monitor into your dedicated GPU as well, it's not going to affect it's performance just running a 720p secondary display. I think you're trying to jury rig something that doesn't even make a difference. Just plug both monitors into the dedicated GPU and be done with it.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Thats how its supposed to be. Not many you can have actually use it. Only time I noticed it working is watching a video of some kind, but even then it isnt solely done by the igpu.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

47 minutes ago, kubilay.buday said:

Hello,

I've been trying to setup dual monitor for my pc.

I've got a 2k monitor for gaming etc. and i've got 720p old monitor for discord, whatsapp web etc.

I didn't want to use external gpu for that so i've plugged old monitor to motherboard hdmi. (iGPU enabled in bios, iGPU multi monitor enabled in bios.)

I don't want to use external gpu like desktop windows manager, chrome, explorer.exe etc. So I've chosen iGPU for that programs. But it didn't work out. Everything still using eGPU instead of iGPU.

2nd monitor working properly and plugged into motherboard. I really don't get it how it's even possible. 

Could you help me for that

Best regards

*Screenshots in .jxr format due to HDR.

**My language is Turkish but everything showing properly i hope.

Desktop Screenshot 2022.10.03 - 19.38.21.55.jxr 325.14 kB · 2 downloads

Desktop Screenshot 2022.10.03 - 19.38.30.63.jxr 12.16 MB · 0 downloads

Desktop Screenshot 2022.10.03 - 19.38.37.25.jxr 11.78 MB · 0 downloads

There are ways to select specific GPUs for certain tasks. But in this case it's much easier to just plug in the GPU for both of them. From my experience related to this. I hooked two GPUs up to my PC just for the laughs and because I like to experiment. The issue with doing this however was with to many applications using the second GPU it takes away a significant amount of performance away from the CPU. So in trying to make my GPU more available for gaming I shot my CPU in the knee and told it to run. My CPU is a Ryzen 7 3700x too.  Which overkill anyways. But it still brought the overclocked score from 11880 to 10400-10500 in the classroom benchmark. I don't know how heavily the IGPU would do this to your CPU if you tried to use both. But in this case for sure, it's just a 720p monitor if you have a half decent GPU you shouldn't notice the performance drop even when looking at the FPS itself

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 8:38 PM, Noble3212 said:

There are ways to select specific GPUs for certain tasks. But in this case it's much easier to just plug in the GPU for both of them. From my experience related to this. I hooked two GPUs up to my PC just for the laughs and because I like to experiment. The issue with doing this however was with to many applications using the second GPU it takes away a significant amount of performance away from the CPU. So in trying to make my GPU more available for gaming I shot my CPU in the knee and told it to run. My CPU is a Ryzen 7 3700x too.  Which overkill anyways. But it still brought the overclocked score from 11880 to 10400-10500 in the classroom benchmark. I don't know how heavily the IGPU would do this to your CPU if you tried to use both. But in this case for sure, it's just a 720p monitor if you have a half decent GPU you shouldn't notice the performance drop even when looking at the FPS itself

Actually you might be right for CPU.

My system has; i5 11600K @5Ghz, 3060ti, 16gb ddr4 3600mhz ram. Didn't benchmarked the cpu gonna give it a shot anyway. It's between 2-10 percent usage on desktop for the eGPU. Is it OK though?

17 hours ago, kubilay.buday said:

Actually you might be right for CPU.

My system has; i5 11600K @5Ghz, 3060ti, 16gb ddr4 3600mhz ram. Didn't benchmarked the cpu gonna give it a shot anyway. It's between 2-10 percent usage on desktop for the eGPU. Is it OK though?

I would just run the benchmarks. use more IGUP in one and then use only the gpu. stress test the GPU and CPU at the same time so that way the Igup has to actually used. ETC.