Will this build keep the 7900x cool enough and is the psu good enough for a 4090?

So I was looking into building a new 4k Gaming build and this was the build I came up with: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8jwt4s 

I don't really care much about aesthetics I just want to get good performance and longevity so I went with an air cooler instead of an AIO, would it be able to keep it cool enough under gaming loads? also would the 1200w psu I currently have picked support a 4090? (i wont be overclocking anything) also any changes to the build that would increase performance would be nice, thank you

7900x makes little sense to buy if you are gaming at 4k. 7700x (or next year 7800x3D) Makes WAY more sense for gaming at 4k. 

You could do  the OptimumTech PBO2 Tune, probably around -10 to -20 stable in most gaming stuff and get WAY better thermals with a bit of perf boost. 

4090 dont expect to be able to buy one for at least 1-3 months, they are going to be in short supply. We dont know JUST how hot it gets, but seeing as how the vast majority of coolers are 3.5-4.0 slot cards, its gonna be quite the toaster, especially under full load with 450W+ going through it

1 minute ago, lightingfan23 said:

So I was looking into building a new 4k Gaming build and this was the build I came up with: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8jwt4s 

I don't really care much about aesthetics I just want to get good performance and longevity so I went with an air cooler instead of an AIO, would it be able to keep it cool enough under gaming loads? also would the 1200w psu I currently have picked support a 4090? (i wont be overclocking anything) also any changes to the build that would increase performance would be nice, thank you

I would say you should be fine but depends on your usage if you going to use it only for gaming then no problems cause I don't think any game will be able to give it full load and seeing you have enough case fans as well it will be alright Noctua does its job really well 
As for GPU Nvidia did recommend anything plus 850w and you are well above the minimum so shouldn't be a problem hopefully but see the reviews first cause in the beginning of 3090 it did crash even with a 1200W 

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

7900x makes little sense to buy if you are gaming at 4k. 7700x (or next year 7800x3D) Makes WAY more sense for gaming at 4k. 

You could do  the OptimumTech PBO2 Tune, probably around -10 to -20 stable in most gaming stuff and get WAY better thermals with a bit of perf boost. 

4090 dont expect to be able to buy one for at least 1-3 months, they are going to be in short supply.

Yea I was gonna do the Optimum Tech tune you were talking about, thats the main reason I was even considering the air cooler, I figured it would be good with the tune. I need to check benchmarks for the 7700x as I actually haven't looked at them, I'll compare the 7700x and 7900x and see what I think is better for me. For the 4090s I figured demand is gonna be pretty low since a lot of people are waiting for the new AMD gpus or just going for the 30 series cards so I thought I would be able to get one.

5 minutes ago, MonkeyyWrench said:

I would say you should be fine but depends on your usage if you going to use it only for gaming then no problems cause I don't think any game will be able to give it full load and seeing you have enough case fans as well it will be alright Noctua does its job really well 
As for GPU Nvidia did recommend anything plus 850w and you are well above the minimum so shouldn't be a problem hopefully but see the reviews first cause in the beginning of 3090 it did crash even with a 1200W 

yeah, I was probably going to wait a bit before grabbing myself a 4090 to see if theres any issues with the card, I figured the 1200 would be good but I heard rumors that only ATX 3.0 psus would be compatible so I wasn't quite sure if it would be okay

10 minutes ago, lightingfan23 said:

Yea I was gonna do the Optimum Tech tune you were talking about, thats the main reason I was even considering the air cooler, I figured it would be good with the tune. I need to check benchmarks for the 7700x as I actually haven't looked at them, I'll compare the 7700x and 7900x and see what I think is better for me. For the 4090s I figured demand is gonna be pretty low since a lot of people are waiting for the new AMD gpus or just going for the 30 series cards so I thought I would be able to get one.

No, the Titan/90 class card has always sold out for the first while, theres always the fools, i mean people who feel they need the best every single time and they just spend their money on it. They also flood the market with the previous gens best card because they want to justify it by saying "ill just sell it and make some money back" in a cycle 😛 They are numerous and expect them to be waiting or have already made back end deals to buy these cards on launch. 

10 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

No, the Titan/90 class card has always sold out for the first while, theres always the fools, i mean people who feel they need the best every single time and they just spend their money on it. They also flood the market with the previous gens best card because they want to justify it by saying "ill just sell it and make some money back" in a cycle 😛 They are numerous and expect them to be waiting or have already made back end deals to buy these cards on launch. 

How long do you think I'll be waiting to pick up a card then?

Just now, lightingfan23 said:

How long do you think I'll be waiting to pick up a card then?

1-3 months at minimum. First wave will pretty much be bought up by peps doing back end deals and such, a few may trickle through. 2nd wave probably comes around November, then late November, Then twice in December. They could do the weekly restocks, but that would cost them a ton, and would cut in on the profit margin. 

1 hour ago, lightingfan23 said:

An i9-12900K with a Z690 Aorus Elite AX motherboard is actually a little less expensive and in general offers the same 4k gaming performance.

Waiting for the Raptor Lake gaming reviews would be a good idea.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.